The YMCA Associate Executive Director provides an environment for staff and volunteers that fosters teamwork, builds relationships, supports the development of quality programs, and facilitates good stewardship of branch resources at our Tacoma Center/University Y locations. This leadership position:
- Ensures programming meets the various needs of our community and members.
- Plan, develop and direct quality branch programs, including special events.
- Ensure that all program materials and content reflect the YMCA's mission, values, and service to the community.
- Monitor the effectiveness of each program to ensure a safe and fun environment that is meeting the needs of our members and helping to reach department and branch goals.
- Monitor various program indicators and provide reports and other feedback to ensure successful branch operations and data-driven decision-making.
- Assist with the delivery of quality programs as scheduled or necessary.
- Direct the expansion programs to the surrounding communities, utilizing off-sight facilities.
- Assist department heads with the setting of goals and objectives that relate to both short-term goals and the long-range strategic plan.
- Review and monitor progress toward department and branch goals on a regular basis and provide feedback to the branch executive director and staff.
- Assist in the development of a membership retention plan and communicate that plan with all branch staff.
- Ensure effective systems are in place to measure the quality of programs and services and to receive and respond to member concerns and comments, in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Conduct an annual member satisfaction survey.
- Collaborate with the Association Operational Focus Groups and other directors of YMCA PKC branches to ensure consistent association-wide programming.
- Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
- Develops, maintains, and models collaborative relationships with community agencies.
- Plays a leadership role in the recruitment, development, and championing of a strong staff team.
- Role model healthy behaviors for staff, members, and volunteers.
Oversee the T/UY YMCA locations through effective team management and support the growth and development of the team. You will manage the creation, progress, and effectiveness of YMCA programs from start to finish while being an excellent role model.