YMCA Youth & Family Services
The Youth Program Coordinator is responsible for deepening member involvement in the family membership category.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Youth Program Coordinator will be responsible for the development, administration, implementation and ongoing evaluation of new and existing youth and family-related programming and special events at the SkyView YMCA. The Youth Program Coordinator is responsible for growth, retention, satisfaction, and deepening member involvement in the family membership category. The Youth Program Coordinator will oversee operations of existing Youth programming including Kids Gym, Summer Camp and Y-Cares programs with a focus on delivering safe, high-quality options for families.
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Education, Child Care or related field or a combination of education and experience working in youth, family and/or program development.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications, or must obtain within 30 days of hire.
- High skill level in organizing, planning, and implementing of administrative procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to initiate member engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and meet goals, objectives and deadlines.
- Knowledge of and previous experience serving families and diverse populations.
- Passionate commitment to the YMCA mission and communities we serve.
- Proven supervisory skills in recruiting, training, evaluating, and motivating staff, as well as developing an effective team to carry out goals of the department.
- High-level computer literacy and understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with the public, staff and volunteers.
- Strong knowledge of developing and marketing programs and designing and coordinating startup programs with a focus on creativity and innovation.
- Must have visual, physical, and auditory ability to act swiftly in emergency situations and the physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills.
- Implement and promote Y-Cares, Summer Camp and Family Engagement programming as outlined by the Association.
- Develop youth and family-focused programs to fill the gaps in service, with goal of increased sales and retention in family membership category and increased participation in family programs/events.
- Administer marketing and communications, program registrations, scheduling of facilities, and implement activities for youth and family programming.
- Ability to model and work effectively with others in alignment of the YMCA 4 Core Values.
- Work closely with directors to develop strategies for youth and family programs.
- Partner with service clubs, non-profit organizations, and groups in YMCA service area.
- Ensure all policies, procedures, and requirements are met in areas of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with members, staff, and the community.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of trends, innovations, and programs of interest to youth and families.
- Maintain positive public relations by representing the Branch at community events.