Wichita is an amazing opportunity to work, play, and raise a family. Affordable and the YMCAs are awesome!
GENERAL FUNCTION: Under the guidance of the Branch Director, the Membership Director provides leadership and management for the branch member services, staff, budget and fundraising in accordance with all Greater Wichita YMCA policies, procedures and standards. A 40-hour work week will be necessary to accomplish the assigned duties.
- Recruiting, hiring, training, developing, and scheduling and managing a high-performing staff focused on providing exceptional service and work well as a team.
- Developing strategies to provide support and motivation to staff for the achievement of goals and retention.
- Providing progressive customer service and sales training to all membership staff.
- Reviewing and evaluating staff performance.
- Developing strategies to motivate staff and volunteers to achieve goals.
- Maintaining staff and volunteer retention through positive reinforcement and support.
- Responsible for safety drills/audits, monthly documented staff meetings/development and trainings.
- Ensuring staff certification records are current and fulfill all in-service standards.
- Effectively communicating the mission, vision and values of the Wichita YMCA.
- Ensuring all programs comply with YMCA standards and methods of operation.
- Integrating member-service and engagement strategies into all programs to ensure positive member recruitment and retention.
- Monitoring and evaluating delivery and effectiveness of member services and continually striving to attain the highest possible level of quality.
- Monitoring daily membership numbers, weekly scorecard, etc.
- Coordinating with the Association business office as necessary on financial transactions.
- Ensuring proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviewing and updating desk procedures with supervisor and communicate changes to all branch staff.
- Having comprehensive knowledge of Association wide programs, as needed for the education of Member Service staff.
- Ensuring all membership and program information is tactfully displayed and available.
- Being visible to staff and members.
- Responding to all member and community inquiries and concerns within 24 hours.
- Communicating program information, changes and needs in a timely manner to supervisor and branch staff.
- Developing, monitoring and meeting or exceeding budget targets.
- Producing effective and efficient staff schedules within set payroll budget parameters.
Strong Community Campaign/Financial Development:
- Providing leadership for assigned aspects of Strong Community Campaign, special events and other fund development to ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Maintaining complete familiarity with all risk management procedures and policies.
- Maintaining program area and equipment in an orderly, clean and safe condition. Reporting any irregularities to maintenance personnel.
- Keeping an up-to-date inventory on all equipment, materials and supplies.
- Serving as a member of the branch management team performing specific duties that support the overall success of branch operations.
- Communicating information promptly to all branch leadership and departmental staff.
- Attending applicable training and conferences to further professional development.
- All other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT: Providing leadership and guidance to ensure the achievement of goals and objectives of Sports programs with high levels of participation, satisfaction and retention of members, participants and staff.
- Minimum age of 21
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 2 years experience in sales and customer service
- 2 years experience and proven success hiring, managing, training & developing staff
- 2 years experience of proven development and management of budget
- Commitment to the YMCA mission, vision and values
- Must attend New Employee Orientation within 30 days of hire
- Complete CPR/AED, First Aid, O2, and Listen First Workshop in accordance with Conditions of Employment
- Learn all emergency procedures and action plans for the branch
- Understand and abide by all policies and procedures as set forth by the association
- Work a schedule that reflects the needs of the branch; including evenings and weekends
- Must be able to routinely perform the following physical activities; climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for extended periods of time, walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity to perform detailed tasks
- Must have ability to lead and delegate to others and communicate effectively; both orally and in writing
- Must possess problem-solving, organizational and task management skills; ability to make independent and sound decisions in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be detail-oriented and exhibit a high degree of accuracy and alertness
- Must demonstrate initiative in absence of supervision
- Must be able to relate to and work with diverse groups of people in a friendly and consistent manner
- Must work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently and lead by assigned goals, duties and deadlines
- Must possess ability to exercise high levels of discretion and confidentiality
- Must present a neat and professional appearance at all times