YMCA Blue Ridge, a historic conference center in Black Mountain, NC, is seeking a Kitchen Lead.
Located in in the heart of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina in Black Mountain on a picturesque 1,200-acre campus, YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly is a non-profit conference and retreat center. Having hosted our first conference over 100 years ago, we continue to serve a diverse array of groups—churches, schools, colleges, family reunions and youth groups, among others.
Under the guidance of the Kitchen Manager at YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly, the kitchen lead executes all activities of the Blue Ridge kitchen to provide the highest quality of food service for guests and staff. The kitchen lead maintains kitchen regulations and procedures in compliance with administrative policies, assists other cooks, salad bar attendants, helpers and/or dining room staff as needed, and provides assistance to the Kitchen Manager with monthly inventory, ordering and kitchen operations.
- Follow menus, standardized recipes and production sheets as designated by management. Follow any special instructions for preparation times, garnishes, serving times, leftover usage and etc. as indicated.
- Assist Blue Ridge kitchen staff in preparing and serving regular and special menus/events
- Maintain compliance with all sanitation regulations, proper food handling and preparation, storage and service standards. Maintain the highest standards for Blue Ridge foodservice operations
- Use proper food preparation practices, with attention given to presentation and taste, while meeting scheduled service times
- Rotate and store Blue Ridge foodservice stock using proper storage and disposal of all leftovers procedures
- Assist management in ensuring that staff is instructed in the proper use, care and maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Ensure that the quality, quantity, presentation and timeliness of food preparation consistently meets our standard of excellence
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen, dish room, dry storage room and coolers at all times
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience
- Eligible for YMCA Retirement Fund after two years: YMCA Blue Ridge contributes an amount equal to 12% of gross pay to the fund at no cost and without any matching requirement
- Possibility of On-grounds housing after 90-day review period. (One bedroom apartment)
- Free meals in our dining facilities whenever conference groups are being served
- Health insurance, dental, vision, LTD/STD, and life insurance offered after a 90-day review period
- Eligible for 23 days of Paid Time Off
- Free family membership to the Y of WNC, after a 90-day review period