Cook County Family YMCA
Easton Phillipsburg & Vicinity YMCA
YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth
Under the direct supervision of the Association Vice President of Membership & Fund Development, the Association Membership Director is responsible for developing and implementing strategies for membership acquisition for and retention that will result in increased membership units and revenue. This position is also responsible for membership operational goals, budget compliance, and monitoring policies, procedures, and promotions.
1. Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience (preferably in the YMCA).
2. Three to five years of supervisory experience managing staff teams. (YMCA setting is preferred.)
3. Successful experience in building a high-performance team focusing on customer service and sales, leadership development, data analysis, fiscal management, and small group facilitation.
4. Proven track record of exceeding customer sales goals, increasing customer retention, and strengthening customer engagement.
5. Excellent personal computer skills and strong understanding of digital tools and standard business software. (Experience with Daxko preferred.)
6. Must have good interpersonal, public relations, and communications skills, including the ability to make presentations and handle media inquiries.
7. Must have the ability to travel to branches during the workday and occasionally work evenings and/or weekend hours and during special events/promotions.
1. Articulate, prioritize, and lead the implementation of association membership strategies that build community awareness, enhance member experience, improve processes, and engage staff and volunteers.
2. Responsible for overall sales of membership units and member service.
3. Monitor and administer annual association membership budget and maintain a positive fiscal position.
4. In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer and Association Vice President of Membership & Fund Development, create, facilitate, and maintain an annual plan to reach identified goals for new promotions and memberships as it relates to the overall association budget and membership growth plan.
5. Foster relationships with existing corporate accounts meeting with the primary contact, providing onsite sign ups and promotional opportunities such as arranging events, fitness classes, etc. Work with healthy living director on referrals for healthy living program requests.
6. Create a data driven culture that is focused on growing membership revenue, increasing retention, and strengthening membership sales strategies by developing tracking processes and working with association and branch teams to analyze data, create goals, and measure results.
7. Utilize industry best practices, document internal processes, implement training, and provide tools and resources to support Branch Membership Directors in strengthening community awareness, member engagement, and program promotion.
8. Establish a member-focused culture through strong relationships and excellent customer service with current and prospective members at all branch locations.
9. Contribute to and maintain a professional work environment of cross-functional collaboration and creative problem solving by developing strong relationships across the organization to achieve Association and branch goals and priorities.
10. Demonstrate integrity, promote teamwork, foster positive communication, and lead collaborative and forward-thinking relationships with staff and colleagues.
11. Lead processes and initiatives related to Financial Assistance for YMCA membership and programs.
12. Stay up to date on the newest trends, tools, and insights in membership, while serving as a resource and advocate across the organization to optimize plans based on these insights.
13. Act as the liaison with the YMCA of the USA and State Alliance on participation, membership communication, and initiatives.
14. Participates in Association and branch events including the Annual Campaign, special events, and meetings as required.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.