YMCA of Greater Cleveland
YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth
YMCA of Lincoln Nebraska
Join our team! The Newport County YMCA is currently searching for a Finance Director that oversees and manages financial matters, investments and information systems. Provides direction and leadership for YMCA business operations and strategic initiatives. Assists with development of policies and ensures their implementation.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or equivalent; MBA, CPA or CMA may be preferred.
2. Ten or more years of experience in accounting and financial management.
3. Knowledge and understanding of general business matters required including budget financing instruments.
4. Knowledge of computer systems, including experience with systems selection, new system implementation and project management. Personal computer skills required.
5. Experience with investment management and asset allocation preferred.
6. Experience in effectively managing a staff team.
7. Previous experience with voluntary/nonprofit organizations preferred.
1. Monitors monthly financial operations, prepares analysis and reports, and gives guidance to executive and operating staff. Works closely with operations staff on issues that affect financial outcomes.
2. Manages the staff and oversees the operations of the accounting/finance, information systems and other assigned departments.
3. Works directly with assigned committee (s) of the board (Finance, Insurance, Investment, Audit) Develop policies, monitor their implementation and meet the related needs of the board.
4. Reviews, updates, and /or develops internal control systems for the YMCA and oversees the internal audits which check for compliance on a variety of policies and standards. Provides recommendations for improvement.
5. Oversees and certifies the annual audit and meets periodically with the outside auditors to maintain communications and keep them informed of changes in the YMCA. Ensures that current accounting standards and legal requirements are met.
6. Manages investments, under the direction of the Investment Committee, and within the risk of tolerance expressed by the board via the asset allocation policy.
7. Develops performance indicators and measurement system for tracking strategic plan objectives. Evaluates current business models and leads efforts to modify or redesign business models where necessary.
8. Oversees the preparation of reports to governmental agencies. Preparation of annual tax returns.
9. Oversees the development of the annual operating budget. Works closely with operations staff to ensure that branch budgets are well-planned, realistic, and prepared in a timely manner.
10. Manages, maintains and/or monitors all banking and financing relationships.
11. Maintains all necessary records and accounting reports and records all transactions on a timely basis.
12. Maintains good working relationships with auditors, bankers, investment counselors, attorneys and other professionals’ advisors.
13. Represents the YMCA with key community organizations and events as required.
14. Responsible for contract negotiations of energy contracts, healthcare contracts, insurance contracts.
15. Responsible for managing and execution of human resource/ benefits.
16. Manage and maintain retirement fund with the YMCA Retirement Fund.
17. Preparation of bank reconciliations
18. Maintain and control fixed asset records. Preparation of depreciation schedules.
19. Maintain ACA compliance and reporting.
20. Preparation of monthly journal entries.
21. Preparation of monthly financial statements. Assist CEO monthly financial and variance rationale for the Finance Committee.
Mission Advancement: Incorporates the YMCA mission and values into the organization’s vision and strategies. Ensures community engagement; promotes the global nature of the YMACA. Leads a culture of volunteerism ensuring engagement, inclusion, and ownership. Leads a culture of philanthropy.
Collaboration: Advocates for and institutionalizes inclusion and diversity throughout the organization. Initiates the development of relationships with influential leaders to impact and strengthen the community. Is recognized as in inspirational community leader who navigates complex political and social circles with ease. Communicates to engage and inspire people within and outside the YMCA. Ensure that a talent management system is in place and executed effectively.
Operational Effectiveness: Possesses penetrating insight and strong strategic and critical thinking skills. Invests resources in well-designed innovation initiatives. Create a structure to deliver organization-wide results to achieve objectives. Develops and implements stewardship strategies. Determines benchmarks and ensures appropriate leadership to meet objectives.
Personal Growth: Creates a learning organization. Effectively drives change by leveraging resources and creating alignment to expand organizational opportunities. Shares authority and demonstrates courage and humility. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skill in technology.