Health and Wellness Champion for the branch to support, implement and promote the benefits of YMCA membership
Reporting directly to the Branch Executive Director, this position is primarily responsible for the supervision and management of all facets of the Membership Department, Aquatics Department and the Health and Wellness Department in accordance with the policies established by the YMCA of Greater Boston. This position is the Health and Wellness Champion for the branch who successfully collaborates with all branch departments and connects with community members, employers and groups in our service area to promote the benefits of YMCA membership and must assist each department in providing resources and support to help implement and maintain quality of membership in their programs. This position is also responsible for supervising both the Health and Wellness Director, Aquatics Director and Membership Director, as well as, overseeing the development, administration and overall delivery of the Membership, Aquatics and Fitness Departments. Duties also include working closely with the Facilities Department to ensure an exemplary member experience and that overall facility operations run smoothly.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Previous experiences in YMCA Membership Sales, Sales and Marketing preferred.
- Familiarity with the Health and Wellness industry.
- At least two years’ supervision experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to physically and verbally interact with members and staff.
- At times, be able to lift amounts up to 50 lbs.
Skills and Competencies:
- Understand the relationship of the general public to the association, of staff to volunteer, and of staff to staff, and be able to effectively enhance and cultivate those relationships.
- Ability to interpret, carry out and implement into programs, the mission and goals of the YMCA.
- Ability to supervise staff and volunteers while actively handling a variety of functions at the same time.
- Work as an integral member of a staff team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with adults, youth, teens, seniors and special populations.
- Computer literate with experience using Microsoft Suite programs
- Role model professionalism in the membership department and YMCA branch by acting in accordance with our core values, adhering to policies, and presenting themselves professionally in dress and actions.
- Hire, train (supervise and evaluate Membership Director, Aquatics Director Healthy Living Director, Member Services staff and volunteers. Ensures expectations of quality service to members by all membership staff are met
- Conduct prospective member tours that highlight the cause of the YMCA; demonstrate consistent excellence in sales and closing techniques, telephone and in-person service, and follows up with prospective members on a frequent basis.
- Oversee and support Health and Wellness Director, and Health and Wellness Department.
- Integrate a comprehensive health, wellness and membership approach in all programs for children, youth, teens, adults, and special populations.
- Coordinate annual special events.
- Develop and implement annual budgets for assigned program areas, and manage agreed upon budgets within operating guidelines.
- Responsible for program enrollment, retention, evaluation, payment records, and reporting of records to the Branch Executive Director
- Develops community marketing tactics to engage new members and drive foot traffic into the YMCA. Organizes and facilitates member appreciate events.
- Oversee all purchases and maintain department-related supplies within budget guidelines and maintain a clean and safe program area.
- Participate in staff meetings, Board of Director meetings, and professional training as appropriate.
- Operations lead for the branch, working with Facilities Director to ensure timely communication and quality team interaction.
- Attend appropriate quality team as it relates to Membership, Health, and Wellness and Aquatics.
- Maintain a professional image and manner consistent with the YMCA’s mission and goals.
- Act as a role model and incorporate character development values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility into the daily operation of the membership department.
- Work a minimum of two closing shift as Manager on Duty (MOD) as well as some weekend shifts.
- Assume other duties deemed necessary by supervisor.