Copley-Price Family YMCA
YMCA of San Diego County
Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA
We are looking for an individual to join our team of dedicated, energetic, creative and caring Early Childhood Professional who, under the supervision of the Supervising Lead Teacher, provide direction for the toddler classrooms and implement curriculum which promotes social, cultural, educational, physical and emotional growth. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
**Experience working with children with trauma preferred
Schedule: Successful candidate will work Full Time, Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm 40 hours per week.
Job Type: Full-time with Benefits to include generous PTO, Free Family Membership, Medical, Dental, Disability, Life, Vision, & Pet Insurance, and ability to participate 403B Retirement Savings Plan. Also, once fully vested the YMCA will pay into an account for you!
Pay: $16.50 per hour--New hires for EEC teaching positions at Sarah & Richard Hardy Center for Child Development will get a $1000 bonus--of which, $500 will be paid immediately and $500 upon a successful 90-day review.
Ability to physically participate in children’s activities and evacuation drills, to move about the classroom and playground, take neighborhood walks, and lift children. Must present evidence of a physical examination and certification of good health every two years; as well as evidence of a negative Mantoux test, and immunity from measles, mumps, and rubella.
1. Meets educational and experience qualifications established by DEEC, NAEYC, and QRIS.
2. At least 18 years of age.
3. Preferred Associate's degree or evidence of enrollment in a college degree program.
4. Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
6. Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate
program activities and curriculum.
7. Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships
with people from different backgrounds.
1. Has knowledge of and maintains NAEYC and DEEC standards.
2. Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans to support a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
3. Supervises the children, classroom, Teacher Assistants, and all activities. Ensures care and safety of children.
4. Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child according to the required schedule.
5. Conducts parent conferences, and maintains positive relationships and effective communication
with parents. Engages parents as volunteers.
6. Maintains classroom and equipment.
7. Maintains required program records including attendance, medical, and food service records.
8. Posts schedule, curriculum and menus according to regulation.
9. Attends and participates in family nights, staff meetings, staff training, and YMCA special events.
10. Additional duties as required and assigned by a supervisor to support the overall mission of the YMCA and to ensure the success of the Child Care Department.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness
to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.