YMCA Camp Santa Maria is seeking a planning and programmatic pioneer to coordinate and lead our weekend groups and our stay-over program events at our picturesque overnight camp nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains near Grant, CO.
Our Weekend Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing both Weekend Rental groups and Stay-over camper weekends. In conjunction with the Camp Director, they will host and oversee all weekend programing between summer sessions and serve as the "Director on Duty".
Our ideal candidate understands the power of community and teamwork and are eager to collaborate with and support the rest of our 45-person staff throughout the summer. We are looking for staffers who have an "I've got this" mindset, who show initiative and a solutions-minded attitude whether they are dealing with a leading a leadership class or evaluating intern shadowing or leading a dance party.
Pay Rate: $12.56-16/hour, 20-30 hours each week. Works Friday through Sunday. Room and board provided. Training starts May 22nd.
OUR BENEFITS ROCK. We are a family friendly organization that puts a focus on work-life balance, and our benefits prove it. All YMCA part-time staff working 10+ hours each week are eligible to receive a free family membership: From teens to seniors, this benefit impacts the entire household! Staff who work 10+ hours a week earn 50% to 100% off YMCA of Northern Colorado Programs. That includes free YMCA Camp Noco traditional day camp, youth sports, learn to skate and swim lessons, and half off YMCA Camp Santa Maria overnight camp, personal training, specialty summer camps, childcare and hockey programs. If you work 20+ hours a week, your benefits grow from there. Sick time is earned from day 1, and we make contributions of 10% of your salary to the YMCA Retirement Fund for eligible staff. Have questions about how our benefits apply to you? Your unique benefits package will be discussed at point hire.
Need more info now: https://www.ymcanoco.org/camp-santa-maria/work-at-camp
View all openings and apply online today at https://www.ymcanoco.org/careers.
We were founded as the Young Men's Christian Association in 1844. But today, we are The Y, an association that values, and is made stronger by, its diverse people. At the YMCA of Northern Colorado, we are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.
- 21 years old.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Must have a valid US driving license.
- Completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff, Staff Training, WFA, CPR, AED, Bloodborne Pathogens. Lifeguard certification is a plus.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Experience in overnight camp preferred.
- Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
Camp life can be physically and emotionally challenging. You will be asked to function at 8200 ft of elevation, in a variety of summer mountain weather ranging from snow to highs in the 90's with potential strong thunderstorms. On an average day you will walk 3-5 miles.
To protect our community, all staff are required to be fully vaccinated and up-to-date (boosted) against COVID-19.
- Host all weekend rentals as the point of contact for the group leader providing great customer service.
- Program Stay over weekend for campers and leadership program.
- Provide safety and risk management leadership for campers and staff over the weekend.
- Coordinate food for weekend camper group and coordinate with Food Service Director any food needs with rental or stay over group.
- Helps train, develop programs, create schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed.
- Reviews and evaluates staff and intern performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Participates in planning and meeting sessions with the Camp Santa Maria support staff team.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events with the support staff team.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.