Somerset Hills YMCA
Are you a cause-driven leader ready to spread the Y's values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility to future leaders of tomorrow?
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of dedicated, energetic, creative and caring Early Childhood Professionals.
The successful candidate will provide direction for the toddler/preschool classroom and implement curriculum which promotes social, cultural, educational, physical and emotional growth--providing a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Schedule: 40 hours weekly position. Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm.
Pay: $18/hour for a qualified teacher with full benefit package to include, generous PTO, Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Pet, and Disability Insurance, Retirement, EAP, Free Family Membership and Staff Discount.
New hires for EEC teaching positions at the Boroughs Family Branch will get a $1000 bonus--of which, $500 will be paid immediately and $500 upon a successful 90-day review.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities and curriculum.
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to physically participate in children’s activities and evacuation drills, to move about the classroom and playground, take outdoor walks, and lift children.
- Has knowledge of and maintains NAEYC and DEEC standards.
- Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans to support a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Supervises the children, classroom, Teacher Assistants, and all activities.
- Ensures care and safety of children.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child according to the required schedule.
- Conducts parent conferences, and maintains positive relationships and effective communication with parents. Engages parents' participation in the program.
- Maintains classroom and equipment.
- Maintains required program records including attendance and medical records.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, staff training, and YMCA special events.
- Additional duties as required and assigned by a supervisor to support the overall mission of the YMCA and to ensure the success of the Child Care Department.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Bachelor's/Associate Degree or CDA credentials that meets educational and experience qualifications established by DEEC, NAEYC, and QRIS.
- Possess EEC Toddler/Preschool/Assistant Teacher certification.
- Must obtain, and keep current, certification in CPR, First Aid.