YMCA Camp Santa Maria is seeking a planning and programmatic guru to coordinate activities at our overnight camp nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains near Grant, CO.
Our Activity Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing the super fun, super engaging evening activities and specialty (Skills Tracks) programs that run at camp. We're talking about capture the flag, dance parties or elaborate scavenger hunts. The Activity Coordinator is expected to create, lead and perform in front of all of our camp community providing a genuinely authentic, extra special experience for campers. They also lead the Activity Specialist staff.
Our ideal candidate understands the power of community and teamwork and are eager to collaborate with and support the rest of our 45-person staff team throughout the summer. We are looking for staffers who have an "I've got this" mindset. You'll need to show initiative and a solutions-minded attitude as your team coordinates, assists and supports all activities at camp. You might dress up as a pirate on day and spend the next making sure the mountain bike clinics have everything they need then assist with a camper who feels left out. Always changing and always amazing will be your mantra.
Pay Rate: Starting at $400-$500/week. This position requires you live at camp. Room and board are included. Leadership training begins May 18.
OUR BENEFITS ROCK. All full-time Santa Maria seasonal staff are eligible to receive a free family membership to the YMCA of Northern Colorado: From teens to seniors, this benefit impacts the entire household! And your family can receive 50% to 100% off YMCA of Northern Colorado Programs. That includes free YMCA Camp Noco traditional day camp, youth sports, learn to skate and swim lessons, and half off YMCA Camp Santa Maria overnight camp, personal training, specialty summer camps, childcare and hockey programs. Have questions about how our benefits apply to you? Your unique benefits package will be discussed at point hire.
Need more info now: https://www.ymcanoco.org/camp-santa-maria/work-at-camp
- 21 years old.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Must have a valid US driving license.
- Completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff, Staff Training, WFA, CPR, AED, Bloodborne Pathogens. Lifeguard certification is a plus.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Current Lifeguard certification or be willing to obtain it during staff training.
- Experience in resident camp preferred.
- Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
- Directs and supervises Special Program activities to meet the needs of the camp community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Helps train, develop programs, create schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as it relates to skills tracks, cabin activities and evening program. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Participates in the running of camp by engaging in planning and meeting sessions with the Camp Santa Maria support staff team.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events with the support staff team.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Organizes, develops, and implements weekly themed special events including themed meals, evening all camp games, and other special events.