Fond Du Lac Family YMCA
YMCA of Greater Louisville
YMCA of Greater Boston
Under the direction of the Center Aquatics Director, this position will supervise the development and implementation of the aquatic programs of the Jordan Center YMCA. This position is primarily responsible for working with our staff and our members and program participants on the front line (approximately 50% time spent in frontline duties and 50% in administrative duties).
The position will include the day to day operations of the department; program development and promotion, implementation and evaluation, staff scheduling, training and supervision, monitoring safety practices and adherence to standards and financial operation in accordance with Center and Association goals, objectives and policies.
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED with at least 2 years experience and proven success in a leadership role within aquatics. This person needs to have a good overall picture of YMCA philosophy and values and holds current certifications in CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding.
Administrative skills and abilities in the areas of personnel management, program planning, income production, expense control, training, public relations and interpretation, record-keeping and facility utilization, equipment maintenance and care are required. The Associate Aquatics Director is part of a staff team at the Jordan Center YMCA and must possess a leadership style that is team-oriented. Recognizing that this individual may bring skills in areas other than aquatics, it will be desirable to utilize those skills through sharing of responsibilities with other professional staff.
*Designated as a First Responder in the event of an emergency.
1. Shares responsibility in the development, administration and control of the designated departmental budget, including meeting income targets and expense control, in consultation with the Executive Director.
2. Selects, trains and supervises paid and volunteer departmental staff, which includes being certified to train lifeguards, and swim lesson instructors.
3. Spends time on the pool deck talking with members, program participants and staff. Lifeguarding as well as teaching swim lessons.
4. Interprets Association and Center goals, objectives and policies to the community and constituency.
5. Evaluates programs and recommends changes based on compatibility with the Center and Association goals. Shares responsibility for the development of new program thrusts.
5. Assists assigned Center committees in formulating policies and programs consistent with the Center and Association goals.
6. Prepares all reports as assigned.
7. Shares responsibility for Center supervision, public relations, planning and promotions as agreed upon.
8. Assists in the International aspect of the Association, including World Service fundraising and education.
9. Evaluates performance of all departmental personnel, at least on an annual basis.
10. Supervises and is accountable for the care and upkeep of departmental programs, equipment and facilities. Is certified and will perform front line duties including but not limited to lifeguarding and swim instruction as outlined in the job descriptions for these roles. 80% of time will be spent on the pool deck with programming responsibilities.
11. Shares responsibility for providing income through membership fees and special subsidies.
12. Assists with any other projects, programs or activities as may be assigned from time to time.
13. Plays an active role in the Annual Campaign including but not limited to recruiting campaigners and acheving goal buster status.
14. Assists in developing aquatic programs outside of the YMCA facility in consultation with the Executive Director (may include involvement with designated community groups in identifying and responding to community needs and issues).
15. Other duties as assigned.
Great Full Time Perks!
• Supportive Work Environment
• Free Y Membership for Household
• 20 Hours of Free Childcare Per Week (While Working)
• Program Discount for Self and Household
• Employer Paid Retirement
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Some Certifications Provided
• Employee Benefits Hub (discounts on goods and services)
• Employee Assistance Program including legal, financial, and mental health resources
• Life, Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance/Health Savings or Flexible Spending Account
• Generous Paid Time Off