The YMCA of Central Texas is seeking a talented and creative individual to join our team of passionate professionals as the Camp Director for Camp Round Rock!
The YMCA of Central Texas operates summer camps that provide high energy, high adventure activities creating memories that last a lifetime.
The Camp Round Rock Director will plan and deliver camp programs throughout the Association and provide site operations that relate to Day Camp, Overnight Camp, group services and operation of the high ropes/tango tower program including the portable rock wall. This dynamic position will provide both outreach and enrichments enhancing current and new programs that include a school year Home School program that utilizes the camp resources.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Camp operations and program oversight at Camp Round Rock and other locations
- Homeschool Program Development and supervision.
- Staff supervision, hiring, training, coaching and ensuring safe operations
- Working with Core Groups to determine best practices and ensure standards are met
- Adventure programming on all Ropes Course elements including portable rock wall. ACCT required.
- Balanced budget and managing planned/forecasted growth in program departments
- Staff training and certification planning
- Program development and growth
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Business Management, Education, Child Development, a related field or equivalent
- Highly motivated, organized, personable, enthusiastic displaying leadership abilities
- Five or more years of experience in supervising or directing Camp programs as a program and/or center director preferred
- Three years or more operating Ropes Courses and Team Challenge preferred
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-Team/Branch Leader certification preferred
- Are adaptable, flexible, and enjoy variety in your work environment including periodic weekends, overnight and non-business hour workdays
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Must be able to pass background and drug screening
- Planning, developing, implementing youth programs
- Budget management
- Providing Staff coaching, development, leadership, and supervision
- Hiring, training, retention
Innovation, Relationships, Inclusion, Influence, Developing Others
CPR and New Hire Orientation within the first 30 days