The Lawrence County YMCA is currently hiring for full time Aquatics Director.
The Aquatics Director is responsible for the operation and programs of the Aquatics Department for the Association.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures programs and services meet community needs.
- Recruit, hire (along with HR Coordinator), train, develop, schedule and supervise staff and volunteers for the Aquatics Departments programs and services. Evaluate staff performance and develop strategies to keep staff motivated.
- Oversee, manage and implement Aquatics programs and special events (Swim Programs, Swim Team…) for the Association.
- Provide and promote quality swim programs to members and community.
- Develop, expand and grow all aquatic programs for the Association.
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of programs for the Association.
- Serve as a Lifeguard and Swim Instructor as needed.
- Organizes, schedules, and reviews aquatic programs and schedules.
- Monitor and update all aquatic staff’s certifications.
- Conducts mandatory staff trainings.
- Works with the Properties Director to maintain proper chemical stabilization.
- Maintains proper pool certificates and records.
- Ensures the safety of participants and employees at all times.
- Conducts training for Lifeguards, swim instructors and maintains current records.
- Meet and exceed budget responsibilities for the Aquatics Department.
- Responsible for achieving targeted goals in the Annual Campaign.
- Create successful special events within the Department and assist in the organization and implementation of other special events for the Association.
- Ensure quality and maintain program areas in regard to equipment safety, inventory and cleanliness in all pool areas.
- Establish collaborative relationships with schools and community organizations to create partnerships throughout Lawrence County.
- Monitor and evaluate program statistics for their effectiveness and program participation.
- Share in the responsibility for the successful execution of strategic objectives with other professional staff, participating in special projects.
- Be pro-active in securing grants for Aquatics activities.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Engaging Community
- Mission Advancement
- Operational Effectiveness
- Communication & Influence
- Building Relationships
- Developing Self & Others