Duluth Area Family YMCA
Piedmont Family YMCA Inc.
YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties
Covid Vaccine Required
Serves as a member of the President/CEO’s senior leadership team, providing both strategic leadership and tactical assistance to attract, engage and retain a diverse and qualified workforce and to position the YMCA as an “employer of choice.” Oversees the development, implementation and reporting on all aspects of the human resources including compliance, recruitment, selection, performance management, compensation, benefits, employee relations, diversity, equity and inclusion, employment practices, training and development.
• Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or equivalent required; Master’s degree preferred plus ten years of professional experience in all aspects of human resources management, including supervising others, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in talent acquisition, performance management, training & development, benefit administration and understanding of HR related laws and regulations.
• Ability to relate effectively to all levels of staff and demonstrated success in building a diverse workforce.
• Current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources.
• Proficiency in business and human resources related computer applications, including HRIS database administration, KRONOS or UKG experience a plus.
• Senior human resources certification preferred (SPHR or equivalent); YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
1.Employ HR best practices and ensure legal compliance of the Association with applicable State and Federal employment and related laws.
2.Serve our diverse communities equitably and act with an inclusive, anti-racist lens at all times; promote a brave, respectful culture at the Y.
3.Develop, implement, regularly review/update and interpret HumanResource policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance, and provide advice to managers to ensure consistency, effectiveness, and fairness across the Association.
4.Annually review/update employee handbook and train staff on new policies.
5.Lead HR Department staff responsible for Talent Acquisition, HRIS Management and Equity Learning and Engagement.
6.Ensure the administration of a comprehensive centralized recruitment,orientation and onboarding programs for year-round and seasonal staff.
7.Ensure that all positions have job descriptions and are included in the Salary Administration Plan for the Association.
7.Lead the process for recruitment of VP level searches and participate as needed in the recruitment process for senior level management.
8.Administer Salary Administration Plan, refresh and recommend updates as necessary, ensure fair and equitable wage administration across the Association.
9.Ensure HRIS system administration is accurate, up-to-date and that there is a system in place to automate data/information to support operations and compliance needs.
10.Oversee Association benefit plans, lead relationship with insurance or plan vendors, recommend new benefits/plans as needed, & based on employee feedback, offering quality benefits and a cost-effective plan.
11.Ensure communication of benefit plans and oversee open enrollment process.
12.Direct and oversee the performance management and evaluation process,ensure the accurate and timely administration of any pay increases.
13.Provide oversight, training and support as needed in the administration of Unemployment, Workers Comp and Family Medical Leave administration.
14.Provide leadership and support to Association Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts and initiatives.
15.Serve as the Affirmative Action/EEO Officer for the Association and ensure completion of the Affirmative Action plan each year.
16.Oversight of centralized training database, virtual training platform and production and oversight of monthly reports to track training completion.
17.Take a lead role in the identification, planning and implementation of Association wide training for supervisors.
18.Act as a coach and counselor to all employees, encouraging positive problem resolution and open communication to resolve employee relations matters.
19.Directly oversee and administer the Employee Relations function, train supervisors, consult on all decisions requiring formal disciplinary action,approve related written documents and ensure that any recommendations for termination have appropriate documentation and HR approval – provide HR support for terminations as needed.
20.Represent the Association in HR related legal matters.
21.Provide HR related data and information as requested.
22. Ensure all HR related confidential files and materials are properly stored and have limited accessibility.
23. Participate and support Association fund raising activities.
24. Other related duties as assigned.