Dow Bay Area Family YMCA
Frank DeLuca YMCA Family Center
Roper YMCA Family Center
Assists the Director with the creation, planning, and execution of all Quest Day Camps located at DREW University, and F.M. Kirby Children’s Center and any other locations. Assists the Director with all Teen & Family programming ensuring a quality experience for members focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. As a member of the Y management team, the incumbent actively participates as needed in a variety of cross-departmental projects and initiatives that advance the Y mission and strategic plan goals.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, experience working camps, and with youth and teens.
· Enjoy, be skilled at and understand the importance of building relationships with people: members, staff, volunteers, donors, and community leaders.
· High degree of accuracy with information provided.
· Multi-task oriented; effective organizational skills and able to take initiative.
· Must have excellent communication skills and supervisory experience, as well as experience in fiscal planning and management.
· Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
· General knowledge of Windows computer operating environment, Microsoft Office.
· Must be available for regularly scheduled nights and weekends.
· Bi-lingual Spanish required.
· Has and maintains current knowledge and understanding of all programs offered.
· Develops and maintains the Teen & Family Programs, including birthday parties and Scout events. Keeps the Member Services and Facilities Management teams aware of important dates that affect party planning or arrangements.
· Develops and maintains new and exciting Leaders in Training Program that incorporates the YMCA core values and character development model in all activities.
· Ensures that daily lesson plans are presented to Teen & Family program classes with proper instruction.
· Responsible for ensuring the scheduling and the development of new offerings in Teen & Family Programs, Quest Camps program areas and provides support to SACC as needed.
· Together with the Director, manages camp registration, trips and special guest bookings.
· Ensures all Quest Day Camp programs meet NJ Youth Camp Act standards and ACA standards.
· Provides an energizing and fun environment for participants.
· Instructs assigned classes and fills-in on short notice as needed.
STAFF SUPERVISION, LEADERSHIP & DEVELOPMENT
· Supervises and supports all related staff in the Camp, Teen & Family programs.
· Creates a comprehensive program outline for the student volunteers and organizes and guides the program to reach the objectives.
· Together with the Director, hires and conducts reviews for all camps, Teen & Family staff.
· Observes staff performance and appraises its effectiveness, recommending appropriate salary recognition to Director, addressing any performance issues and documenting at time of occurrence.
· Provides for the training and development of program staff and volunteers, including the creation and leadership for L.I.T program staff and volunteers.
· Support coordination of substitute staff schedules.
· Assists in the development of the annual budgets and prepares variance and other reports.
· Together with the Director, manages enrichment programs and camp registrations and bookings.
· Ensures that all administrative records and functions are maintained accurately.
· Creates and updates program schedules for each session. Evaluates program enrollment and accommodates waiting lists. Maintain and updates class rosters as needed.
· Maintain list of program participants’ in order to provide outreach for continued future registrations.
· Ensures ActiveNet/ePACT systems are up to date and accurate for programs.
§ Performs as an integral member of the program staff team, working toward an increase in member growth, satisfaction and retention and program expansion.
§ Fosters relationships with area school districts and coordinates specialized programming.
§ Participates in registrations, open houses, Healthy Kids Day and other YMCA community events.
§ Handles unexpected situations/emergencies in an efficient, professional manner, complete incident reports following every qualifying incident. Provide the original copy to supervisor.
§ Maintains a clean, organized and safe facility. Inspects equipment to ensure it is in proper working order and reports any areas that may require maintenance or repair.
§ Participates in staff meetings and trainings.
§ Assists with other duties as assigned.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with
a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships
to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
CPR/AED/First Aid, but will train.
Lifeguard certification, but will train
We offer a 12% retirement match, excellent benefits, professional development opportunities and a collaborative, team environment.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS, ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.