YMCA of Greater Williamson County
Eastern Carolina Young Men's Christian Association, Inc.
Hampshire Regional YMCA
Jordan Center YMCA.
Under the direction of the Center Aquatics Director, this position will:
· Supervise the development and implementation of the aquatic programs
· 50% time spent in frontline duties and 50% in administrative duties
· Responsible for working with our staff , our members and program participants
· Manage day to day operations of the department
· Program development and promotion
· Implementation and evaluation
· Staff scheduling
· Training and supervision
· Monitoring safety practices and adherence to standards and financial operation in accordance with Center and Association goals, objectives and policies.
This position requires a background of physical education with an emphasis on aquatic and fitness related programming. A BA/BS degree in physical education, recreation/related area is required (with an aquatic/fitness emphasis is preferred) or its equivalent in related professional experience. Two-three years’ experience in YMCA or similar agency is required. This person needs to have a good overall picture of YMCA philosophy and values and holds current certifications in CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding. Administrative skills and abilities in the areas of personnel management, program planning, income production, expense control, training, public relations and interpretation, record-keeping and facility utilization, equipment maintenance and care are required. Must possess a leadership style that is team-oriented. Recognizing that this individual may bring skills in areas other than aquatics, it will be desirable to utilize those skills through sharing of responsibilities with other professional staff.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid, YMCA Lifeguard and YSLI certifications and instruct others in such courses.