The YMCA of Central Florida is seeking a dynamic senior leader with a proven track-record as our Vice President of Finance and Accounting.
The incumbent will report to the Chief Financial Officer and serve as an integral member of the senior management team. The VP of Finance and Accounting is responsible for overseeing all facets of the Accounting Department, including but not limited to: corporate accounting, preparation of financial reports, treasury management, taxation compliance and strategy, , and all functions related to payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable. This leadership position will also be responsible for delivering value-added business analysis as well as defining and reporting meaningful financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful, accurate business decision-making and support the organizations growth strategy. They will oversee financial planning and have a comprehensive understanding of all key business drivers and financial models that enable the team to deliver insightful, value-added analysis.
Be part of something BIGGER. Take the next step in your finance and accounting senior management career with the YMCA of Central Florida.
STRATEGIC, VISION AND LEADERSHIP
- Advise the senior management team on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow priorities and policy matters.
- Serve as a management liaison to the Finance and Audit/Treasury committees of the Board; effectively communicate and present financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Contribute to the development of the YMCA of Central Florida’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping senior management informed of all critical issues.
- Provide a high level of thought process to drive improvement; recommend areas for improvement and lead projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary.
TEAM DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- Oversee, direct and organize the work of the accounting and finance teams.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach; assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Maintain relationships with operational and corporate leaders to ensure quality deliverables and proper information flow.
- Upgrade and maintain an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards and procedures,
- Oversee the treasury management and financial planning and analysis functions for the organization and partner with the management team, both family center and corporate, to provide value-added insight into the business.
- Prepare regular reporting packages that include comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational Dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives.
- Develop and monitor the company’s annual budget and monthly forecasts, which shall include establishing budget tools, setting timelines and acting as project manager for the company, ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
- Provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for new and existing growth opportunities, new product development, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc financial projects.
- Improve and maintain administrative and operational accounting and finances services such as treasury management, grant management, payroll, accounts payable and budget management.
- Oversee all internal and external financial reporting to the organization.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all financial reporting.
- Prepare or oversee financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all debt covenants, governmental and agency regulations and GAAP.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of property tax filings, corporate filings, and all other Federal, State and Local government filings.
- Perform the day-to-day tasks necessary to execute the responsibilities for the assigned departments and to provide advice and assistance as required.
- Analysis and forecasting in a variety of areas, including budget management, tax strategy, risk management and managing work capital.
- Recommend/implement benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance