YMCA Allard Center
YMCA Allard Center
YMCA of Madison NJ Inc.
The YMCA of Metro North has a long history of providing many communities throughout the Northern suburbs of Boston with outstanding programs and services for youth, adults and families. Serving the communities of Lynn, Peabody, Saugus, Melrose, Nahant, Revere, Lynnfield and Stoneham, the YMCA of Metro North needs an experienced YMCA Membership Director that will lead the sales and membership efforts of our Saugus Family YMCA into the next phase of growth and prominence, to meet the cause and mission of the YMCA.
POSITION SUMMARY AND OVERVIEW:
The YMCA is for Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. Under the supervision of the Senior Membership Experience Director, this position, will drive new membership sales, maximize retention through relationship building, lead and manage the welcome center staff to grow and improve member enrollment and engagement. This position will represent the YMCA in a manner in accordance with the mission and goals of the YMCA.
· Associates Degree.
· 1 - 3 years of supervisory experience.
· Able to multi-task (helping staff, helping members, answer phone, handle other duties)
· Strong computer skills. Able to be efficient, proficient and knowledgeable in customer services, and decision making.
· Able to learn information about each department to better serve potential members and current members or know where to find it.
· Able to understand the relationship of the general public to the association, of staff to volunteer, and of staff to staff, and be able to effectively enhance and cultivate those relationships.
· Able to communicate effectively with adults and children alike.
· Working with the Senior Experience Director, plan all welcome center staffing and member growth strategies, based upon membership sales and revenue goals.
· Working with the Senior Experience Director, target local community organizations to partner and collaborate with, to help grow the Y’s impact.
· Teach and train all staff members how to be a friendly and welcoming presence in the Y.
o Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations including being a good listener, caring about member’s well-being and checking in on their progress. Staff must also take the initiative to talk with members and to make them feel welcome.
· Meet and exceed monthly and annual membership sales goals.
· Conduct prospective member tours as per training.
· Assist in grass roots marketing including handing out flyers, working tables at community events, and attending other special events as needed
· Be ready and able to respond to an emergency, assemble emergency equipment and assist in care of the victim.
· Attend all staff meetings (mandatory) and be able to work as a team player.
· Work some nights and weekends as assigned.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical
knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
* Child Abuse Prevention (or within 30 days of employment)
* Respect in the Workplace (or within 30 days of employment)
* Member Service Training
* Listen First
* Oxygen Administration, First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.