This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Youth & Family Manager supports the potential of all youth by developing activities and leading staff to facilitate youth programming. Those programs may include Child Watch, School Day Program and Summer Day Camp as well as supporting membership experience.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age
2. At least 1-year experience in supervision, customer service, education or equivalent
3. Demonstrated leadership, dependability & flexibility in work hours
4. Complete within 30 days of hire: YMCA cause & culture training; program-specific training; Child Abuse Prevention Training; CPR; First Aid; Emergency Oxygen Administration
5. Must meet state licensing requirements for out of school care and maintain annual training requirements, if applicable
6. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office/recreational environment. Intermittent sitting, standing, walking are required.
• Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program.
• Hours will include evening and weekend work.
• Reliable transportation and travel among local branches and program sites required.
1. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs staff, contractors and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
2. Creates and schedules all camp and other program sessions and activities.
3. Monitors program operations, equipment and facilities, to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
4. Develops appropriate curriculum and ensures it complies with state and federal requirements, along with maintaining licensing regulations at all times.
5. Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality, if applicable.
6. Establishes new activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
7. Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone.
8. May conduct interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members and may sell memberships.
9. Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
10. Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
11. Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
12. Actively participates in department, branch and association meetings and trainings.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Developing Self & Others