YMCA of Northwestern Dupage County
YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles
Under the direction of the Youth & Camp Y-Ki Director, assist in the administration of the New Canaan YMCA preschool creative movement program which include: all Little Bears & Big Bears classes (Ages 1-3 with caregiver) and all classes for movement and beginner gymnastics (Ages 3-9, child only).
Previous experience with children in an instructional setting (some knowledge of gymnastics preferred) as well as strong administrative, organizational and computer skills recommended.
· To be a role model for the program participants while demonstrating the YMCA Four Core Values of Honesty, Responsibility, Respect, and Caring.
· Be knowledgeable of the “40 Developmental Assets” set forth by the Search Institute. For more information, please see their website www.Search-Institure.org
· Attend meetings deemed necessary by Youth & Camp Y-Ki Director.
· Report to Youth & Camp Y-Ki Director on matters relating to creative movement program (i.e., schedules, registration, program development, staffing issues, etc.).
· Maintain facility regarding risk management, cleanliness and integrity of equipment and gym.
· Manage registration and scheduling for classes and related day to day requirements.
· Rotate and rearrange gymnastics equipment and mats when necessary for appropriate class structure.
· Create appropriate lesson plans for our Little Bears & Big Bears movement program (Ages 1-3 with caregiver) including instruction of approximately 10 of these classes per week.
· With direct supervisor,handle all issues with parents regarding concerns related to program and/or instructors, credit/refunds, schedule of makeup classes as necessary, and program safety.
· Work with Directors of Special Needs, Daycare Center, Afterschool, and Camp Director to accommodate their programs in Kid Zone.
· Personal vacations to be taken during school vacations and during session breaks.
· Perform other duties as designated by the supervisor.
· Job Description may be changed at any time by supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
Climb, kneel, reach, jump, push, digital dexterity, balance, crouch, stand, pull, grasp, repetitive motions, navigate stairs, stoop, crawl, walk, lift, talk, hear, sit, sing.
The employee may occasionally need to exercise these physical labor demands:
Regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds occasionally and in excess of 20 pounds frequently while performing their job functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
Close/far vision, ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision, color perception, depth perception, field of vision.
Acute hearing is essential to this position.
In this position, this person will not be frequently required to work in outside weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, this individual may occasionally be exposed to moderate noise.