The Association Day Camp Director is responsible for all operations and staff of the Association Day Camp’s programming.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations the Association Day Camp Director is responsible for all operations and staff of the Association Day Camp’s programming. This role will manage the growth of the program through effective, innovative, and forward-thinking approaches. The Day Camp Director will work closely with the Director of Operations, and related staff in participant retention and to ensure the organization is providing timely, efficient, and consistent service. During after-school program operations ~25% of this position time will be used to support our Weber operations.
- Oversees Association Day Camp administration to include creating and managing the annual budget and strategic planning, programs/activities, registration goals, camp structure and curriculum, data management and management of policies and procedures.
- Develops and supervises support staff schedules for programs and activities.
- Plans, implements, and oversees new and additional camping programs.
- Supports Weber after school operations during the months of October to April. Duties to include but not limited to grant fidelity, reporting assistance, and operational support.
- Builds warm and supportive relationships with staff, program participants and community in an effort to provide service that will exceed expectations.
- Responds to concerns and complaints in a way that makes each person feel valued, initiates action for prompt resolution to any problems.
- Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support to the Y.
- Continuously maintains a safe working environment for self and others.
- Successfully facilitates the open and close of camp for the season.
- Encourage health and wellness, honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, teamwork, good sportsmanship, and other character-based qualities at camp.
- Creates and maintains a positive and effective work environment with high staff morale through mentoring of staff, couching and guiding.
- Responsible for recruitment, training, development, and evaluation of Day Camp staff.
- Directs and manages all staff meetings and trainings.
- Ensures all staff meet training requirements.
*This is not an exhaustive list of job duties. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned.