Associate Director will oversee daily operations of the day camp during summer months and outdoor education during the non-summer months. This person will also assist the leadership team in program planning, development, and implementation. Associate Director must be ready to assist in all aspects of camp.
1. Hire, train, supervise summer camp staff. Promote/plan for day camp.
2. Promote outdoor education retreats, book, and oversee operations.
3. Assist camp staff in all cleaning, maintenance, and program implementation throughout the year.
4. Promote camp all year round by displaying the core values of the YMCA.
5. Develops friendly and positive relationships among staff, volunteers, parents, and children.
6. Communicates regularly with other staff members and supervisor.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. This position must be able to live onsite and work long hours outside.
2. Ability to respond to emergency situations.
3. Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
related to the activity.