The Assistant Registrar shall be primarily responsible for assisting with the registration of campers and families for all Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA programs. The Assistant Registrar will also serve as an Office Manager at one of the camp offices in the summer. The Assistant Registrar will assist with the hiring, training, and supervising of the summer office assistants and act as a liaison between the year-round administrative office and the summer office teams. Additionally, the Assistant Registrar will help with other administrative duties connected with the work of Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA. Key traits for success are a friendly, efficient, respectful, helpful, and business-like attitude.
- Associates degree with one to three years’ experience or High School degree, GED, or HiSET with 3-5 years of relevant prior experience required.
- Administrative and clerical skills including organizing files and records.
- Possess good office skills including phone, typing, computer, office machinery and basic bookkeeping.
- Demonstrated competence in using Google Suite, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Excellent customer service including communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with colleagues and represent the organization to others.
- Must possess a growth mindset, be flexible to changes in priorities, be detail-oriented, organized, and have a commitment to the goals of the organization.
- Ability to exercise discretion and show independent judgment.
- Must be flexible to work occasional evening and weekend hours to meet the demands of our programs.
The principal activities change with the time of year. This position assists the Registrar in the following administrative and clerical tasks:
Camper Registration responsibilities
- Data entry of prospective participants, including charges and billing for all participants.
- Prepare and mail application packets, home visit notices, and acceptance
- Promote camp by talking to prospective families and connecting them to other staff members as required
- Keep statistics and providing reports of incoming campers, daily, monthly, and yearly
- File and maintain both electronic and paper camper records, accounts and information
- Track, record, and maintain summer staff records
- Collaborate with and provide administrative support to the BCCYMCA business operations team
Pre-Camp and Summer Office management responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Registrar and other Assistant Registrar/Summer Office Manager to address the needs of all programs and communicate with the administrative team.
- Serve as Summer Office Manager in one of the camp offices, ensuring the smooth operation of the program office
- Prepare and run reports, lists, labels for pre-camp and opening day as needed
- Train and supervise summer office and store
- Manage petty cash and store sales in the summer months
- Conduct inventory and order supplies for summer offices
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the office, including ordering and organizing office supplies as needed
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the Executive Directors and Assistant Directors of Camps
- Other projects and duties as assigned