Multiple leadership opportunities await in Pierce and Kitsap counties in WA State!
Love working with Children? Site Leadership roles are now available in multiple school districts! Bremerton, Clover Park, Central Kitsap, Franklin Pierce, Peninsula, South Kitsap and Tacoma.
Are you a passionate, caring leader looking to foster cognitive, social-emotional, and physical development for school-aged children? We are looking for cause-driven leaders who model values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring as coaches, tutors, and mentors; who are ready to be invested in and grow, to take a risk and be stretched; and who want a job that is not transactional, but transformational.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.1, employees of educational settings must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 18, 2021, unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. If you are in the process of getting vaccinated or requesting a medical or religious exemption please reach out to [email protected] for further information about the process for final candidates.
As the Site Director 2, you will support the YMCA Child Care Program year-round to serve our community with a variety of programmatic and activity options to explore and develop interests and talents with a focus on safety, health, social growth, and academic enhancement so that children have fun, grow and thrive in our care. You will help in providing balanced recreation, education and character development through enriched activities full of fun and friendship.
If hired for this position you will be responsible to plan, organize, implement, coordinate, and control services of the child care program at the school sites. You will provide leadership and direction for part-time staff and children, ensure positive communication with parents, children, schools, and other staff; practice risk management; and develop positive community relations.
In this position you will be able to use your skills for:
- Come alongside school personnel to support academic goals and plans for children and the school.
- Conduct parent conferences, and maintain positive relationships and effective communication with parents.
- Provide feedback and deliver on onboarding of new site staff; implement training guidelines, including shadowing and coaching new staff during program.
- Plan to meet monthly with program director and/or leadership team to create plans on implementation of branch top priorities and provide support to region on reaching those targets.
Planning and Program Delivery:
- Ensure program maintains in conformance with all YMCA policies and procedures as well as the Washington Administrative Code.
- Promote a positive environment that fosters fun, safety, and our YMCA values which includes implementation of proximity praise, specific action compliments, and our 8 Points of Leadership.
- Recruit children for program; maintain accurate records of the children to include their development, attendance, immunization, and general health.
- Train, encourage, and lead all staff members utilizing the Leadership Competency Development Guide.
- Ensure staff files are kept current and complete.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and leadership to new site staff following training guidelines and create follow up plans throughout the school year.
Program and Marketing:
- Distribute marketing materials as needed to increase enrollment.
- Directly supervise children at all times and maintain program/site in compliance with state licensing standards.
- Dispense medication according to the Medication Authorization Form and maintain accurate records of such. Ensure proper storage of medication according to required standards. Return medication to parents/guardian, as needed.
- Plan and develop a daily schedule of classroom routines and activities. Prepare and implement curriculum. Provide an integrated, child-centered, comprehensive curriculum and multicultural environment, which meets the needs of every child, including those with disabilities.
- Plan and meet with school principal on a monthly basis to discuss how the YMCA and your program can support the school’s academic targets and goals.
- Understand and be able to explain financial assistance to staff and members.
- Understand and monitor FTE’s and enrollment number in program. Program should reach licensed capacity and plans should be created to increase that number.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Financial Development and Philanthropy:
- Meet performance measurement through annual giving, major gifts, and/or endowment by telling the Y story and raising charitable dollars to fulfill our mission.
- Participate in the Annual Campaign by reaching site goal and asking 100% of the parents in the program.
- Recruit at least 1-3 parents to be an Annual Campaign volunteer.
- Support the program director and region team by coming alongside and strategizing on a region-wide approach on how each program will reach given goal.