YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas
YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas
Baxter Branch YMCA
DIRECTOR OF SCHOOL AGE CHILDCARE
Full-Time Position; YMCA of Greater Nashua
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Youth Development, the Director of School Age Childcare has a primary impact in the overall success and effectiveness of the YMCA of Greater Nashua’s Before & Afterschool goals and objectives. The individual in this position is responsible for overall operations management of multiple Before & After School programs within the service area, both branch and school-based, as well as the overall implementation of Power Scholars Academy, a summer learning loss prevention program.
Critical areas of expertise include: leading others and working in teams, highly organized multi-site management, delivering and managing robust programs, focusing on quality, proven results in growth in programs, successfully overseeing part-time and entry-level teams and interviewing, hiring and onboarding associates.
· Develop and maintains Before & Afterschool and program budget for multiple (4+) sites and Power Scholars Academy. Monitors monthly progress/variance.
· Responsible for program retention and growth.
· Develop and maintain regular communication and relationships with school principals and school representatives.
· Implement established Program Quality Standards and participate in the development of these standards.
· Conduct regular site visits and staff development.
· Responsible for daily supervision of Site Directors and Group Leaders in multiple School Age sites.
· Recruit, supervise, hire, and provide coaching to the staff within the region.
· Act as a community representative to agencies and other community partners.
· Develop objectives and job plans for Site Directors within the district.
· Ensure compliance with all State and local agencies including licensing.
· Monitor and effectively controls the bi-weekly payroll.
· Assist with curriculum development and implementation. Any additional responsibilities established by Supervisor.
· Assist in all areas, project teams, job tasks as assigned.
· Attend all conferences, trainings, meetings, and presentations as assigned.
· Must be willing and able to travel between sites and administrative offices on a regular basis.
· Fully utilize existing software to enhance communication, connect families, and provide a positive experience for all.
· Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology, or Child Development or related field preferred.
· Minimum two years of experience managing multiple youth development programs and three years of experience working directly with youth in organized out-of-school-time settings.
· Proven experience meeting registration and attendance goals required.
· Experience working with budgets, developing a budget, fiscal management of programs, and fundraising.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, sound fiscal management practices, strong organizational abilities and problem-solving strategies.
· Demonstrated leadership through experiences in supervision, community collaboration and innovation.
· Ability to adequately observe program activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
· Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
· Reliable transportation required. Must be willing and able to travel between sites and administrative offices on a regular basis.
· Knowledge and experience working with NH state Childcare licensing.
The candidate must have the ability to work with people of all ages in both formal and informal settings, must possess a solution-oriented perspective and be flexible and creative, working in an educational setting with a positive, nurturing attitude.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
· Must be able to act and move fast enough to keep children safe.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
Mission Advancement > Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Collaboration > Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Operational Effectiveness > Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth > Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.