YMCA of Greater Boston
South Wood County YMCA
Under the direction of the Aquatics Product Director and in accordance with Association policies, the Aquatics Manager is responsible for the direct management and sound operations of the Aquatics Department. The Aquatics Manager will directly supervise, guide and develop Aquatics staff to ensure that participant development occurs in a fun, healthy and safe environment, and to ensure program outcomes are consistently achieved.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience is preferred,
• Minimum of 2-4 years of successful program management experience that includes experience in managing Aquatics staff.
• Positive history of leadership in the areas of staff and volunteer supervision.
• Current Lifeguard and Swim Instructor certification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire is required.
• Proven ability to display initiative, good judgment and ability to make decisions with minimal input.
• Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills; public speaking and ability to conduct training programs.
• Competent computer skills; Windows environment.
• High level of knowledge and demonstrated competence in the areas of Aquatics.
• Ensure that daily care of members is a key priority through direct supervision of Aquatics staff.
• Support Center Aquatics staff and programs by providing direction, leadership and support.
• Directly manage all aspects of the Aquatics department in the absence of the Aquatics Director.
• Work directly with Center Leadership and staff to ensure excellence and consistency in service through daily care of members, program participants and volunteers.
• Ensure quality program delivery through staff excellence in an effort to achieve programmatic outcomes.
• Prepare for audits, surveys, and on-site visits through sound operational practices.
• Hire, train, Manage and evaluate Aquatics staff in an effort to achieve the desired program outcomes.
• Strictly adhere to all Aquatics policies and procedures related to safety and conduct rules and other regulations.
• Represent and articulate the Association’s Aquatics mission and program to individuals, businesses & communities.
• Follow approved annual budget with recommended adjustments.
• Accountable to the Aquatics Director for execution of Association policies and procedures.