The Heart of the Valley YMCA is seeking a dynamic, cause-driven leader to serve as Membership Director at our Hogan Family YMCA!
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Director at the Heart of the Valley YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. At our Y, we strive to live our mission of loving our neighbor and helping each individual reach their full potential intentionally every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Ensures programs and services meet community needs.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
- Ensures a level of service and engagement that fosters loyalty among those we serve.
- Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff in a clear, concise way.
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances
- Leads membership staff and volunteers effectively; recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams; onboards and develops them for success.
- Serves as a member of the Associations Membership and Marketing Cabinet.
- Ensure safe and healthy child watch environment.
- In collaboration with the Branch Executive Director develop, implement and evaluate all Child Watch activities.
- Provide superior customer service to members and their children by assisting with problem solving and conflict situations.
- Responsible for the Child Watch staff including hiring, training and scheduling.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Branch Executive Director.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Engaging Community
- Communication & Influence
- Developing Self & Others