Ralph J. Stolle Countryside YMCA of Warren Co.
YMCA of the Treasure Coast
Jackie Robinson Family Branch YMCA
The Aquatics Director under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer is responsible for organizing and implementing diverse and safe swim program, which will incorporate large group and individual activities, swim team, swim lessons for all ages and promote program participation. Responsibilities also include hiring, staff supervision, budget control, planning and confirmation of staff assignments and schedules and staff training. The Aquatics Director is responsible for providing quality leadership and supervision in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Develops, plans and implements new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals. The position’s key function is to build strong lasting relationships with members, employees and volunteers that will build healthy lifestyles. Advances the YMCA’s mission through executing our strategic initiatives, providing exceptional customer support and driving functional excellence. Flexibility is essential and position may require nights and weekends as needed to ensure adequate staffing.
1. Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in Aquatics preferred.
2. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Current YMCA/Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
4. Complete knowledge of the National YMCA Aquatics Youth and Adult Swim Program
5. Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications CPR: FPR and Community First Aid, Fundamentals of Teaching YMCA swimming. Additional YMCA certifications and Red Cross Certification preferred.
6. Strong knowledge of administrative procedures including budget development, income production and expense control. Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and quality. Strong knowledge of pool management and safety issues.
7. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
3. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
4. Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
5. Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
6. Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices and meets.
7. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
8. Develop new ideas and continue to improve programs to suit community needs.
9. Maintain proper health and safety standards, in accordance with association aquatics safety standards and guidelines.
10. Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
11. Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
12. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
13. Maintain a consistent professional image through dress, actions and relationships with others. Speak enthusiastically on behalf of the YMCA at given opportunities.
14. Follow and enforce YMCA procedures and policies including; personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures and membership policies. Carry out emergency plans as necessary.
15. Build personal and meaningful relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
16. Serve on the Family Engagement Committee
17. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation
18. Ensure program, staff and patrons maintain hygiene habits/practices in accordance with CDC guidelines.
· Bachelor's degree
· YMCA/Redcross Lifeguard Certification
· YMCA Swim Instructor Certification
· CPR/First Aid Certification
· FBI/BCI Fingerprint Clearance