Basketball - Coed League
Youth Recreational League
Learn to love basketball at the Y! We offer recreational basketball leagues year-round for ages 4 to 17. With a focus on safety, sportsmanship and teamwork, we provide an environment in which children can learn skills, have fun and be active. Most leagues run eight weeks, with games on Saturday and weekly practices.
At the Y, winning isn’t all about athleticism and scoring the most points. We encourage healthy competition and improving skills. Every child on the team has the opportunity to play, and we encourage them to set individual goals and cooperate with others.
Prior to forming teams, we conduct skills assessments that include fun drills and scrimmages. Our goal is to create teams that reflect a balance of age, height, skill level and gender, based on the staff’s assessment of each player. Parents may request specific practice days and times, coaches or teams. We will consider, but cannot guarantee, requests.
En o antes de 09/23/2019
Eastlake YMCA recreational sports leagues emphasize character development and family involvement. Our staff and coaches give each child the tools to succeed in both athletics and personal growth.
Games are Saturdays at the Sports Complex, 2390 Boswell Road #300, Chula Vista, CA 91914. Game times are between the hours of 9:00am and 3:00pm. (Game times vary). Division 13-17 may have Friday night and Saturday evening games. Ages 13 and up will travel to other YMCAs. All 13 year olds must attend assessments before being placed on the 13-17 year old divisions.
Fall 2019 Season Important Dates:
Assessment Dates | Sports Complex
Div. 4 - 6 Saturday September 21 | 9:00am - 10:00am
Div. 7 - 8 Saturday September 21 | 10:15am - 11:30am
Div. 9 - 10 Saturday September 21 | 12:30pm - 2:00pm
Div. 11 - 13 Saturday September 21 | 2:30pm - 4:00pm
Div. 13 - 17 Tuesday September 24 | 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Div. 7 - 8 | Div. 9 - 10 Tuesday September 24 | 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Div. 11 - 13 Wednesday September 25 | 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Div. 13 - 17 Wednesday September 25 | 7:00pm - 8:30pm
First Week of Practice: October 7
First Games: October 12
Last Games: December 7
Picture Day: November 2
- Practices: Days and times vary. Practices are Monday-Friday between 4:30pm and 9pm. Divisions 4-13 practice for 1 hour during the week; divisions 13-17 practice two nights a week for 90 minutes.
- Attire: Athletic shorts and closed-toe shoes. The Y will provide game jerseys. You may bring a ball marked with your child’s name, but it is not required.
- Please bring a water bottle
- Coach Requests: Our goal is to ensure balanced sports teams where all players have the ability to reach their fullest potential. In order to accomplish this goal, we will accept requests until September 21. Requests are not guaranteed, however, players who make a request and attend assessments will have priority. We will make every attempt to guarantee sibling requests. All other requests will be granted based on the needs of the program.
- Your team will communicate through PLAYERSPACE, a web-based platform that provides convenient access to schedules, practice times and team information and notifications concerning schedule changes. Please ensure we have your email address on file. Players will receive information about their team, practice time and coach via email by October 5.
- Jersey size: Player jerseys will arrive by the first game (if registered by September 21). Specific size may not be guaranteed for registrations after September 22. Be sure to provide jersey size upon registration.
- Coaches: Coaches are approved volunteers or staff members. We will provide them with the player's name, parent’s name, email and phone number.
- Eight-week season fee includes a reversible game jersey and a medal.
- Our sports programs are all about fun and building positive relationships. We encourage parents to support players on the sidelines and as volunteer coaches, team parents or scorekeepers. Contact Ray Wu at [email protected] for info on volunteering.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.