Come Out and Play at the YOpen House | September 14!
Sports, swim, gymnastics, camps, dance, martial arts, fitness — the Y is your No. 1 spot for active and healthy kids. Check out all the Y has for families at our Open House event, Saturday, September 14, 2019. Stop by any of our 18 YMCA locations* from 9:00am to 12:00pm for fun activities and program previews, with plenty of coaches and staff on hand to answer your questions. All locations are free and open to the community all day! (*Overnight Camps excluded)
The Y is here to ensure your children get an hour (or more!) of physical activity every day, and we're all about making it fun. Find your family's next favorite activity at the Y.
National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
September is National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month, and the Y is part of a community-powered effort to build awareness for the
5-2-1-0 Childhood Obesity Initiative, which recommends children should, every day:
- Eat 5 fruits, roots and vegetables
- Limit screen time to 2 hours
- Participate in 1 hour or more of physical activity and play — that's where the Y comes in!
- Have 0 sugary drinks
That's right — We're No. 1!
In San Diego county, 1 in 3 children is considered overweight or obese, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Children with obesity are at a higher risk of having other chronic health conditions and are more susceptible to bullying and lower self-esteem than healthy weight peers.
No Join Fee on September 14
Join on September 14, and save up to $60! We're waiving the join fee for new members. Members enjoy:
- Access to 18 San Diego locations, with lap and family swim time, fully-equipped fitness centers, unlimited studio fitness classes and Child Watch privileges.
- Up to 25 percent savings on activities like sports, gymnastics, swim lessons, camp, dance.
Sign Up for Activities
- Sports classes and leagues — everyone plays at the Y!
- Swim lessons — heated pools year-round!
- Gymnastics — tumbling, parkour and cheer, too
- Dance — ballet, tap and more
- Martial arts — karate, taekwondo, Jiu-Jitsu and more
Thanks to our generous donors and supporters, the Y can provide financial assistance to those who wish to become members or take part in an activity. We can help you find the right rate for your family.