We are committed to supporting transition age youth (TAY) who face barriers to success in adulthood, including homelessness, abuse, and more, helping them lead healthy, successful lives. Entering adulthood is a critical developmental period that can be further complicated when a young person lacks a supportive network and faces a multitude of barriers. We offer innovative, effective programming in a safe and welcoming space.
The YMCA Outreach Program is on foot outreach services in prominent homeless communities in Oceanside, is the first access point of the Y’s continuum of services. Outreach workers provide homeless youth with immediate resources and referrals to get off the streets. Through diversion services, homeless youth are able to access safe housing options and/or familial reunification.
WHO WE SERVE
- Runaway, homeless, and street youth between the ages of 12-25
- Youth seeking safety in San Diego County
- Provide on-foot outreach and crisis assessment on the streets of North County San Diego.
- Offer snacks, hygiene kits, clothing and other necessities to youth on the streets.
- Work with the youth to offer transportation to shelter and other supportive services.
- Advocate and assist youth through the process of getting off the street and finding a safe place.
We provide safe, inclusive, youth-led drop-in resource centers in North County San Diego. TAY is dedicated to serving youth and young adults in a manner which is knowledgeable of, and sensitive to, the trauma occurring in their lives. The youth that utilize services come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. TAY Drop-in services address not only basic needs but also provides critical services that address higher level needs such as clinical support, resource navigation, and housing support. There is a strong focus on employment, education needs, and linkages to safe housing opportunities.
WHO WE SERVE
Youth and young adults ages 14-25, and of all ethnicities, interest groups, sexual orientations, and cultural backgrounds.
- Access to one-on-one coaching to develop a life plan
- Access to a computer
- Leadership and youth development activities
- Linkage to community resources
- Skill development workshops, classes, and support groups
- Vocational training opportunities
North Inland Center - TAY Academy
1050 North Broadway
Escondido, CA 92025
Monday to Friday: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday to Sunday: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
North Coastal Center - TAY Academy
215 Barnes Street
Oceanside, CA 92054
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM