The YMCA is a mission-driven, nonprofit organization that strives to serve all. We offer scholarships to reduce membership and program fees to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.
The YMCA’s commitment to our community assures that scholarship is available to those who qualify. Our scholarship program is based on a sliding fee scale that is designed to fit each family’s financial situation. Thanks to the generous donors of our Annual Campaign, we are able to make the Y accessible through our ACCESS Scholarship Program.
Household income may be shown by Express Verification or Traditional Verification.
- Cash Aid, CalFresh (Food Stamps), CalWorks | Notice of Approval
- Kin-GAP, Foster Care | Notice of Approval
- Medi-Cal | Benefits Identification Card within 1 year of issue or Notice of Action
- Alternative Child Care Payment (CRS/CDA) | Certificate from CRS/Notice of Approval
- WIC | Statement Letter/Voucher
- HUD/Section 8 | Statement Letter
- Most recent tax return - first two pages of Forms 1040 or 1040A | Self-employed individuals must include Schedule C
- Two most recent pay stubs
- Other income verification (if applicable): SSI or Disability Statement letter; Unemployment Benefits
Need help accessing your documents? If you receive aid from one of these programs but need a copy of your notice of action, please contact your case worker or visit https://www.mybenefitscalwin.org/ to print out a copy.
To apply for our scholarship program, please click "Apply for a Scholarship" below.