Resources to Help Improve the Quality of Your Child Care
Child care settings vary depending on the license capacity, facility type, and other factors.
Here are some quality indicators that parents are looking for:
- Group Size
- Family Involvement
- Caregiver Education
- Staff Turnover
- Health & Safety
How do I make my child care program better?
We offer a variety of child care education and support programs to enhance caregiving skills and knowledge.
- Training Calendar: Search for workshops and training
- Child Care Aware Training Academy: Specialized online training courses available 24/7
- Child Care Initiative Project (CCIP): free training and support program for individuals who are starting or expanding their child care business.
- Resource & Toy Lending Library: We provide a resource and toy lending library. Once you’ve applied for a Library Card, call 1-619-521-3055 ext. 2320 for an appointment. Up to six books and videos can be borrowed for 30 days, and toys can be borrowed after a one-time service fee of $25 is paid. Click HERE for the online catalog.
- Wellness Champion Program: Training, support and coaching in the areas of healthy eating and physical activity
- AB212 CARES: a stipend award program for child care providers working in a CDE/EESD funded child care centers or EESD funded Family Child Care Networks