Stage One: Camper in Training (CIT)
- This session lasts for one week.
- Open to campers entering tenth or eleventh grade.
- This program is for campers looking to begin the leadership process to eventually become volunteer, staff, or learning to work with children.
- Campers will participate in riding and camp activities but also practice leadership skills with younger campers.
- There is only one CIT session per summer. If a camper is staying for multiple weeks, CIT session must be his or her last week.
Stage Two: Leader in Training (LIT)
- This session lasts for two weeks.
- Open to campers entering the eleventh or twelfth grade.
- Availability is limited, so participants are chosen from a pool of applications based on specific criteria and evaluations by camp staff.
- Applicants must have a minimum of one week experience as a previous camper at Raintree Ranch.
- Participants will not be riding horses on a regular basis, instead they will be focusing on leadership skills.
- LITs get two weeks for the price of one! We offer a reduced rate for this program since LIT’s assist campers and staff with our horses.
- LITs will assume higher responsibility and are expected to fill more of a leadership role at Raintree Ranch.
- The key focus for this program is working as a leader in a cabin group of younger campers, learning leadership skills and assisting camp staff at horse lessons.
- If a camper is attending for multiple weeks, the LIT session must be his or her last session at camp.
Stage Three: Camp Assistant (CA)
- This session lasts for three weeks.
- Only open to campers entering the twelfth grade.
- This session is considered as a three-week volunteer commitment to YMCA Raintree Ranch, free of charge. Thus campers accrue Volunteer Service Hours with this program, with a verification letter provided by the YMCA.
- Campers must fill out an application and be selected by the Camp Director. LIT program or equivalent is a prerequisite.
- Although still technically a camper, CAs will gain the skills necessary to co-lead a cabin alongside a senior staff member, help plan activities for young campers, and work with our horse wranglers.
Pegasus Week 10: Special Session at the end of summer exclusively reserved for returning Pegasus campers
- Tailored/advanced Horsemanship and Riding Lessons
- Only open to returning Pegasus campers under age 18
- Extended trail rides
- Cook-outs, swimming, hiking and fellowship
- Teens in Motion - at least one day of Pegasus Week will be partnered with the YMCA’s Teens In Motion program where Pegasus campers will have a unique opportunity to share their passion for camp and horses with other teens who have developmental and/or physical disabilities
Summer 2019 Session 10 dates are "To Be Announced"
Weekend Retreats for Teen Leaders
For teens entering our CIT, LIT, or CA programs next summer, we offer a team-building weekend retreat! This one-night event includes:
- Leadership activities
- Team building exercises
- Preparations for a successful summer
- Community service for the camp
- A great way to meet new friends
- Meals, lodging, and staff supervision
Our next Leadership Retreat is: TBA
Location: Somewhere Awesome - TBA