Develop Leadership Skills at Overnight Teen Camps
We don’t just provide an incredibly fun experience for our campers – two of our overnight teen camps specifically work on developing the leadership skills that our campers will utilize throughout their life.
LIT’s – Leaders in Training
- Ages: 15 to 17
- Grades: 10 to 11
- During our LIT camp program, teenagers learn what great leaders do and say through study and example.
- Our Leadership Coordinator acts as the mentor and role model for all our LIT participants throughout the program.
- Our LIT’s are housed together as their own community, separate from the rest of the overnight youth campers.
- Campers are trained through leadership development workshops, practice exercises, and hands-on activities.
- But it wouldn’t be camp if we didn’t make time for fun activities like swimming and racing up the climbing tower!
- Our LIT’s are assigned to assist with an Explorer cabin group (“Explorers” are 7 to 11-year-old campers). This is the best way to practice and develop our teenage campers’ new skills.
- Every evening our LIT’s come together to debrief and discuss what they have experienced and learned that day.
- Once they graduate the Leaders in Training program, our participants depart with new skills and friends that last a lifetime! We also encourage successful graduates to apply for the next year’s Camp Assistant program if they’re interested.
Marston L.I.T.(2 Weeks)
CA’s – Camp Assistants
- Ages: 16 to 17
- Grades: Entering 12th Grade
- Our CA program is a three-week overnight volunteering experience that helps transition enthusiastic campers to successful counselors.
- Teenagers in the CA program participate in leadership workshops throughout the first week.
- During the second week, CA’s are placed in a cabin under the supervision of our most experienced staff.
- CA’s are challenged daily to lead and create activities with children.
- Our CA’s are provided with an evaluation and a letter verifying how many Community Service Hours were completed.
- The CA program is a competitive volunteer experience for those teens entering 12th grade and they must apply and interview for placement.
How do I apply? - There are a VERY limited number of openings for the CA program each summer. We have already reached the max. amount of applications for summer 2018 and have closed the application process.
Weekend Retreats for Teen Leaders
For teens entering our CIT, LIT, or CA programs next summer, we offer a team-building weekend retreat! This one-night event includes:
- Leadership activities
- Team building exercises
- Preparations for a successful summer
- Community service for the camp
- A great way to meet new friends
- Meals, lodging, and staff supervision
Our next Leadership Retreat is: TBA
Location: Somewhere Awesome - TBA