Rekindle, re-live, re-connect & remember… C.A.M.P. = Camp Alumni from the Mountains to the Pacific.
Free membership includes:
Reunions at camp
Opportunities to re-connect with friends
- Access to thousands of archives
- Volunteer opportunities at camp
See What We Have Planned
Read the latest issue of the "Pines to Palms" Alumni Newsletter
Having trouble viewing the online version below? Download a copy here.
Camp Marston History
YMCA Camp Marston is the oldest organized youth camp in the county. We have been servicing children and families for 90 years.
It was the spring of 1921 when Ed Fletcher suggested a possible camp site for the “Boys’ Work Program” in the Pine Hills District of Julian. That very spot is the location of today’s central athletic fields. In 1928, the name was changed to honor one of San Diego’s most prominent citizens, George Marston. Read More
Raintree Ranch History
Purchased in 1968, Raintree quickly became our premier horse camp. Volunteers from the Y-Indian Guides program built a Tack Shed to support the program and the lower arena was graded to provide an instructional area that same year. In the 1980’s, John Marciano, Camp Director, constructed the Horse Barn and Bunkhouse. Read More
Camp Surf History
In May of 1969 a lease agreement was reached between the YMCA and the United States Navy to establish a waterfront camp for youth-serving organizations in San Diego. The new camp was named YMCA Camp S.U.R.F., an acronym for “San Diego Unified Recreation Facility”. The 45-acre site is an absolute treasure, located on the “Naval Radio Receiving Facility” Base in Imperial Beach, California. In 1941, this station became part of Naval history as it transmitted the first news of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor to Headquarters in Washington DC. Read More