y cook community kitchenY Cook provides an intervention between destructive
eating habits and nutritional well-being.
We believe that healthy eating is a strong step towards battling mental,
physical and emotional challenges. Sensitivity
to the cultural, financial and geographical circumstances of our participants
is essential for lasting and meaningful change.
What We Do:
- Our focus is to create awareness, opportunity and self- value through culinary and nutritional life skills.
Who We Serve:
- Fellow YMCA Youth & Family Services programs
- Local community and non-profit organizations
- YMCA day camps
- Public classes held on a
case by case basis*
- Private parties*
*Contact MaryAnn for booking
- Hands-on cooking demonstrations
- Nutrition education with an emphasis on mental health
- Mobile cooking demonstrations and hands-on activities
Y Cook Coordinator
Y Cook Community Kitchen
YMCA Youth & Community Center
2929 Meade Ave, San Diego, 92116
Take a look at our current culinary celebrations.