We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
y cook community kitchenY Cook provides an intervention between destructive
eating habits and nutritional well-being.
We believe that healthy eating is a strong step towards battling mental,
physical and emotional challenges. Sensitivity
to the cultural, financial and geographical circumstances of our participants
is essential for lasting and meaningful change.
What We Do:
- Our focus is to create awareness, opportunity and self- value through culinary and nutritional life skills.
Who We Serve:
- Fellow YMCA Youth & Family Services programs
- Local community and non-profit organizations
- YMCA day camps
- Public classes held on a
case by case basis*
- Private parties*
*Contact MaryAnn for booking
- Hands-on cooking demonstrations
- Nutrition education with an emphasis on mental health
- Mobile cooking demonstrations and hands-on activities
Y Cook Coordinator
Y Cook Community Kitchen
YMCA Youth & Community Center
2929 Meade Ave, San Diego, 92116
Take a look at our current culinary celebrations.
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through the development of the spirit, mind and body.
Youth & Family Services | 4080 Centre St. Ste. 103, San Diego, CA 92103 | 619.543.9850 | Corporate Site