We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
Transitional Living Program
Turning Point provides temporary housing and supportive services to young adults experiencing homelessness.The program is designed to facilitate the transition to self-sufficiency using a positive youth development philosophy.
Who We Serve:
- Young adults (male and female) 16-21 years of age (if under 18, must be legally emancipated)
- Currently homeless or becoming homeless in the immediate future
What We Do:
- Assist participants in obtaining and maintaining employment and education, accessing resources, practicing life skills and overcoming personal and social obstacles
- Semi-supervised shared apartment living
- Case management
- Job development assistance
- Education assistance
- Counseling on-site
Turning Point Orientations:
Held on the 1st
and 3rd Tuesday of every month 3pm-5pm at our Swift Ave location:
Youth do not have to RSVP to attend an orientation, but they are encouraged to call for more information and may be turned away if they arrive late to the orientation.
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through the development of the spirit, mind and body.
Youth & Family Services | 4080 Centre St. Ste. 103, San Diego, CA 92103 | 619.543.9850 | Corporate Site