We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
Tommie's PlaceTommie's Place is a transitional living program for young adults who are pregnant or are parenting children 0 to 5 years old.
The 18 month program is designed to facilitate the transition from homelessness to self-sufficiency with an additional focus on positive parenting.
Who We Serve:
- Young adults ages 16-21 (if under 18, must be legally emancipated)Pregnant or parenting children 0-5 years old
- Currently homeless or becoming homeless in the near future
What We Do:
- Assist participants in obtaining and maintaining employment and education, accessing resource ,practicing life skills and overcoming personal and social obstacles
- Semi-supervised shared apartment living
- On-site case management and counseling
- Employment and educational assistance
- Daily dependent living skills education & parenting classes
- Aftercare support and referrals
4145 Swift Ave, Ste 1
San Diego, CA 92104
Orientations:Held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday every month from 3p.m. to 5p.m. at:
4145 Swift Ave., San Diego, CA 92104
Click here to plan your trip if you need to arrive by bus
Youth do not have to RSVP to attend an orientation, but they are encouraged to call for more information and may be turned away if they arrive late to the orientation.
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through the development of the spirit, mind and body.
Youth & Family Services | 4080 Centre St. Ste. 103, San Diego, CA 92103 | 619.543.9850 | Corporate Site