The YMCA Outreach Program is comprised of Runaway and Homeless
Youth Street Outreach, National Safe Place Coordination for San Diego County,
and community outreach for Youth & Family Services programming.
Independent Living Skills
Who We Serve:
- Runaway, homeless, or street youth between the ages of 12-25.
- Youth seeking safety in San Diego County.
Who We Are:
- A team of trained volunteers and interns managed by the Outreach Coordinator, Charity Brant.
What We Do:
- Provide on-foot outreach and crisis
assessment on the streets of North County San Diego.
- Offer snacks, hygiene kits, clothing and other necessities to youth on the streets.
- Work with the youth to
offer transportation to shelter and other supportive services.
- Advocate and assist youth through the process of getting off the street and finding a safe place.
get involvedContact us
- Know of a youth in need of homeless services
- Would like to be a part of the Outreach Team
- Are interested in setting up a supplies collection or fundraiser for the Outreach Program
- Would like to participate in a "Day-of-Service"