Internships with transitional housing & youth development
Working hours are flexible Monday-Sunday 5-10 hours weekly. Locations include Escondido, San Marcos and Oceanside.
Provides strength-based, individualized approach to assisting youth ages 18-24 reaches their personal goals. These youth have aged out of their foster care placement and/or have former probation involvement. Youth are provided with case management, housing, independent living skills and counseling.
Our counseling approach is client centered and directed at helping the youth develop and maintain healthy relationships. Individual, family and group counseling is offered, as well as targeted assessments to determine areas of growth and interests.
Mary's House is a 24-month program designed to assist and support young women between the ages of 18-24 through various stages of personal, professional and academic growth as they transition from the foster care system.
The program's goal is to assist the young women in developing the skills necessary to live a self-sufficient and independent life.
Individual, family and group counseling is provided on-site and as needed by the youth. Presenting issues may include: trauma(s), mood disorders, substance abuse, difficulties developing and maintaining relationships, grief and loss, difficulty with life transitions and peer conflict.
Provides outpatient counseling services and enrichment workshops in North San Diego County.
Counseling services provided include; individual, couples, families and groups. All populations appropriate for outpatient services are served.
- Conduct initial assessments and intakes to help determine the course of treatment.
- Maintain client files, clinical notes and treatment plans.
- Collect fees and schedule
- Provide workshops on various topics for the community.
Why intern with us?
Gain experience working with youth and families in an
outpatient capacity with varying presenting issue
- Receive individual supervision from an AAMFT approved supervisor and collaborate with a great team of peer mentors, coaches, social workers and project directors
- Gain access to trainings offered at YMCA Youth & Family Services
- Work a flexible schedule while preparing for BBS licensure.
Transitional Housing & Youth Development
215 Barnes Street
Oceanside, CA 92054
Tara Hodgens, LMFT
AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Learn about culturally diverse populations
- Learn and apply different interventions
- Exposure to wide variety of disorders
- Excellent clinical supervision and training
- Become part of the YMCA team