We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
- « YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- Y COOK COMMUNITY KITCHEN
- CONNECTIONS 2020
- INDEPENDENT LIVING
- STREET OUTREACH
- TAY ACADEMY
- URBAN CAREER PATHWAYS
- URBAN TEACHER FELLOWS
Independent Living Skills
The Independent Living Skills program (ILS) is a county-funded program designed to prepare and assist current and former foster youth through their transition from the foster care system into independence.
Who We Serve:
- Youth referred by their County Social Worker or Probation Officer
- Ages 16-21
Who We Are:
- Case Managers are equipped with extensive training of best practices related to transition age youth
- Program staff work collaboratively with other community resources in order to connect youth to services available
- Provide strengths-based, individualized approach to assist youth in reaching their personal goals
What We Do:
- Individualized case management
- Independent living skills education
- Educational and employment assistance
- Financial education and personal budget development
- Housing and community based referrals
- "Hands on" skill building workshops
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through the development of the spirit, mind and body.
Youth & Family Services | 4080 Centre St. Ste. 103, San Diego, CA 92103 | 619.543.9850 | Corporate Site