TIDES (Therapeutic Interventions Designed to Empower Students)TIDES is a Medi-Cal funded EPSDT (Early Prevention, Diagnostics and Treatment) program that offers support to youth and their families by providing a variety of counseling services.
Who We Serve:
and community members (ages 5-21), and their families, who are struggling with
emotional or behavioral problems.
Who We Are:
- Culturally diverse TIDES program professionals include program therapists, a case manager and psychiatrist
- Program therapists are well trained, graduate level professionals who have a Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and/or Social Work
- Program Case Manager is a bilingual professional with extensive case management experience
- Program Psychiatrist specializes in family and child psychiatry
- All staff work under the supervision of a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Clinical Supervisor and Program Manager
What We Do:
- Offer services to students who are struggling with emotional or behavioral problems at school, home or in the community
- Build on client and family strengths to ensure client safety
- Prevent juvenile unlawful behavior
- Enhance school performance by working on emotional and behavior issues that may prevent student's success in school; collaborate with school personnel
- Improve and support mental health functioning for client and family
- Assist in development of client and community interaction
Specific Services include:TIDES therapists work closely with school personnel and community agencies to enhance the effectiveness of therapeutic services.
- Individual Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Medication Evaluation
- Medication Monitoring
- Case Management
TIDES Program Eligibility RequirementsTIDES Program offers free or sliding-scale services based on the following criteria.
- Students with full scope Medi-Cal
Students with no mental health insurance benefits who exhibit socially/emotionally disturbed behavior
*Fee is based on family size & income
TIDES Program locations:
TIDES Counseling Services are offered to students and families at several elementary, middle, and high schools in Central San Diego.
Students who do not attend the designated schools and meet the eligibility requirement can be seen at the main Counseling Center location.
- Birney Elementary
- Clay Elementary
- Ocean Beach Elementary
- Perkins Elementary
- Sherman Academy
- King Chavez Primary (K-2)
- King Chavez Art Academy (3-5)
- King Chavez Athletics Academy (3-5)
- Roosevelt Middle
- King Chavez Preparatory Academy
- San Diego High School
Main Counseling CenterServices at our main counseling facility are open to everyone who meets the eligibility requirements.
4394 30th Street
San Diego, CA 92104
Mailing Address2929 Meade Avenue
San Diego, CA 92116
619-281-8313 ext. 10711