We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
- « BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
- FAMILIES UNITED
- BUILDING BRIDGES
- TIDES SCHOOL-BASED
- KINSHIP SUPPORT
- INCLUSION SUPPORT
- OZ SAN DIEGO
- PERMANENT CONNECTIONS
- WELL-BEING ANNEX
The YMCA Families United Project is a three year
federally funded project designed to build evidence around the
effectiveness of the Family Group Conferencing model in improving child welfare
outcomes for children and families.
- To strengthen kinship caregiver and family capacity to care for children in a way that helps promote placement stability, safety, and well-being and that prevents children from entering or reentering the foster care system.
Who We Serve:
- Kinship families
- Extended foster care youth
- We place families as key participants in a process of
decision making when their children come to the attention of child welfare (and
youth justice) systems.
- We allow families to come up
with solutions and plans to protect the children in their family, rather than
systems and institutions.
- We serve Kinship caregivers and foster care
youth through the Family Group Conferencing process, with the goal of the
family creating a network of support that provides safety, connection and both
legal & relational permanency.
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through the development of the spirit, mind and body.
Youth & Family Services | 4080 Centre St. Ste. 103, San Diego, CA 92103 | 619.543.9850 | Corporate Site