Building Bridges Program
The Healthy Start Building Bridges program is a collaboration between YMCA Youth & Family Services (YFS), communities, schools and families. Healthy Start Building Bridges offers services at Roosevelt Middle School, Sherman Academy, and Ocean Beach Elementary.
YFS and community partners collaborate to provide free counseling, mentoring, family support, parent education, and teacher support.
Who We Serve:
- Referred students, families and teachers at Roosevelt Middle School, Sherman Academy and Ocean Beach Elementary School.
Who We Are:
Services are provided by coordinators at each school site.
- Coordinators work with the community and school to enhance student and family health.
- Case management - connecting families and students to needed resources
- Individual and family counseling
- Group counseling - including social skills, anger management and school motivation
- Parent support
- School personnel support
The Healthy Start Building Bridges program is offered to students, families and teachers at the following school sites:
Click on a school below to find out more
619-281-8313 ext. 10711