November 10, 2009
|Shelly McTighe-Rippengale, VP of Marketing, Communications and Development for the YMCA of San Diego County receives the Woman of the Year Award in the field of Non-Profits by the Women in Leadership program of the San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce.|
The Chamber, through the Women in Leadership Luncheon (WILL) program, encourages women to succeed and prosper by honoring women leaders,recognizing their accomplishments and celebrating their success.
Shelly has more than 20 years of YMCA experience. Prior to her serving as Vice President, Shelly was the Executive Manager of Development for the East County Family YMCA, where she was responsible for $13 million in capital development projects and strategic marketing for the branch’s three facilities and capital fundraising efforts.
During her tenure, Shelly has been awarded the YMCA of San Diego County Program Director of the Year, has graduated from the YMCA Executive Development Program and Indiana/Purdue University’s certificate program in Fundraising Management.Shelly is a summa cum laude graduate of San DiegoStateUniversity’s Journalism program, Shelly received the department’s Outstanding Student Award and was a member of numerous honor societies.
The Women in Leadership awards were presented on Oct. 30 at the seventh annual Women in Leadership Luncheon at the Doubletree Hotel in Mission Valley. Visit www.eastcountychamber.org or call (619) 440-6161 more information.
This year’s award winners are:·
- Business: Barbara Eldridge - Mind Masters San Diego
- Nonprofit: Dr. Delores Jacobs - San Diego Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Center (sharing the award with Shelly McTighe-Rippengale, YMCA of San Diego County)
- Education: Jenee Littrell – Project PEACE, Grossmont Union High School District
- Government - Jillian Hanson-Cox
- Healthcare - Carol LeBeau
- Media/Art/Culture - Dr. Joyce Gattas
Filed under People