"The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through development of the spirit, mind and body."
AREAS OF FOCUS
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
With the Y’s help, kids in neighborhoods across San Diego County are more interested in learning and making smarter life choices. At the Y, kids learn their ABCs, learn to share, learn about sportsmanship, build leadership skills and most importantly, learn how to be themselves. That makes for confident kids today and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.
Because the Y is for everyone, we bring together children, adults and families of all abilities like no other organization can. As a result, hundreds of thousands in San Diego County are receiving the support, guidance and resources needed to achieve greater health and well-being for their spirit, mind and body.
Thanks to the generosity of volunteers and public and private donors who give to the Y, our community is stronger. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- The strength of
the YMCA is centered around volunteerism.
- Individuals band together to render service.
- Community collaborations are formed as a means to accomplishing the Mission.
- Adults and youth work together as members and participants.
- The YMCA involves members and participants as opposed to customers or consumers and works to foster long term involvement.
a membership organization the YMCA is an Association of people where
individuals grow and develop by moving from a casual to a committed
relationship with the organization that benefits the common good.
- All people are welcome to participate regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, religion, or ability to pay.
YMCA is not an "agency", it is an Association of people working
together to improve the quality of life for families, individuals, and
- The YMCA is people united in a common effort to put Judeo-Christian principles into practice.
- Strengthen and enrich family life.
- Build self-esteem and nurture personal growth.
- Appreciate the world.
- Develop leadership and strengthen communities.
- Encourage healthy lifestyles that provide healthy development of the spirit, mind and body.
- Teach and demonstrate the YMCA Character Development values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.