HEalth and Wellness served daily, with a smile!
Your YMCA membership includes full use of our wellness center and new free weight room. Break a sweat, chat with a friend, relax your mind, try something new, or challenge yourself. The Y is for you.
Helping You Get the Results you WantFREE! Included with your membership.
KickStart is a FREE program that provides you with an easy-to-follow plan and cutting-edge fitness equipment. You will not be alone in this process. In three meetings over 30 days, our Wellness Coaches will help you set attainable goals and will provide the ongoing support necessary for your success.
- Learn key exercises that will make the greatest impact based on the goals you have established with your Wellness Coach
- Get invaluable answers to common questions about health and wellness, and learn what really works versus what is myth or hype.
Appointment 1: Begin Your Wellness Journey
To help you achieve your wellness goals and get the most our of your Y member benefits, we want to get to know you. At this session, we'll assist you in designing a wellness program.
- Get to know your dedicated Wellness Coach, who is here to serve you.
- Understand your goals and expectations so, together, we can develop an action plan to ensure your success.
- Address any questions or obstacles while getting familiar with our fitness areas and facility offerings.
Appointment 2: Check Your Progress
You've begun exercising, and you're starting to get comfortable. After spending some time on your own, it's natural to have some questions. Once you complete this session, you'll earn a KickStart towel!
- Review progress toward your goals.
- Answer any questions you may have about exercises, equipment or our facilities.
- Learn some tips to help overcome any barriers you may be experiencing in your fitness program.
- Introduce new exercises or group classes to your program.
Appointment 3: Kick It Up a Notch
You’ve gained important fitness knowledge and begun to implement a solid wellness strategy. This critical last meeting will help you recognize and overcome the most common obstacles to healthy living. Once you complete this session, you’ll be entered to win a grand prize!
- Readdress any exercise barriers you are experiencing.
- Learn fundamental nutrition guidelines based on USDA recommendations.
- Establish longer-term goals to achieve in the following three to six months.
FAMILY ORIENTATIONSOur wellness staff are here to help your family get healthy together. In this appointment we will introduce your family to the wellness center equipment, teach you the rules of the facility and put together a workout plan that will get you through your first few workouts. Family orientations are required for all families with children 7-12 years old wanting to use the wellness center.
WELLNESS CENTER POLICIES
- Members ages 7 to 17 are required to attend a fitness orientation.
- Members ages 7 to 12 may use all cardio equipment and labeled strength machines. Parent/guardian must be on the premises while tween is in the fitness center.
Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult when not involved in Y programs.
Minimum age for all fitness classes, lap swim, and Fitness Center access is 13 years of age.
- Mobile devices should be used in the lounge or hallway not on exercise machines.
- Cell phones must be turned off or set to "silent." All cell phone calls must be conducted outside the exercise centers.
- For sanitary purposes, please wipe off machines after use.Please observe the 30-minute time limit on all cardiovascular machines when other members are waiting.
- Appropriate exercise attire and footwear are required. Open toed and or open heeled shoes are not allowed.
- Beverages must be in plastic, sealed container. Please recycle.Allow other member to take turns or work in with you between sets on strength training equipment.
- Inappropriate conduct, the use of profanity, loud noises, and horseplay are not permitted.Excessive us of cologne, perfume, etc. is not permitted.
- Re-rack all weight plates, bars, and dumbbells after use.
- The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
- Free weight room minimum age is 13.