Get Set for success
YOUTH & GOVERNMENT
- Attend Weekly Delegation Meetings
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Make New Friends
- Write Bills
- Attend State-Wide Conferences & Participate in Committees
- Meet Other High School Students From Around The State
- Have Your Voice Heard
- Debate State-Wide Issues
- Social Events & Dances
What is Youth and Government?
six month program in which high school delegates model various positions
of the California State Legislature and Court Systems.
Students participate by joining local delegations to create bills,
practice court cases, and attend the Model Legislature and Court
ches the values of democracy by creating citizen leaders from a cross-section of the state's high school population providing them with the opportunity to experience government first hand and learn how to solve community problems through the democratic process.
- 2300 Delegates and 250 volunteers meet as individual delegations to discuss the issues facing California.
government moves over and the teen delegates "take over" the historic
halls, chambers, and offices of our State Capitol, Supreme Court, and
Governor's Office for the Model Legislature and Court.
- Participants will develop life skills that they will find useful in any career field they may pursue.
- Build lasting friendships.
"Democracy Must Be Learned By Each Generation" -Benjamin Franklin
MODEL UNITED NATIONS
A Global Perspective
Model United Nations(MUN) is a simulation of the "real-life" United Nations Assembly, consisting of 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students throughout California. They are given the opportunity to discuss international issues, discover other cultures, develop life-enhancing skills, and make new friends.
- Learn about the world
- Attend two statewide conferences
- Make new friends!
Information Meeting in January
Contact Pam Meza for more information
Young adult MEMBERSHIPS AVAILABLE!
Young Adult (13-25yrs)
$25 Joining Fee
$31 per month
- Lap/Open Swim
- Wellness/Fitness Center*
- Group Exercise Classes*